⭐Chapter 17: Permanent⭐

Because unknownjellysquirt asked nicely for an update, thank you once again for all your support girl!

Enjoy

3

2

1

📖

"Everything good with you two?"

I'm sitting on his low sofa, eyes on his retractable staircase... of which he uses to get up to his bed.

He has a nook bed, hidden by wooden installations...the wooden door is open, and I can see a tiny bit of the inside, through the tiny spaces under each wood.

He's sitting on his bed, his feet resting on the top stair, looking down at me.

"Yes and no... but that's not what I'm here for..."

I dare to look into his eyes, those black eyes that will look at me... they will hold something or nothing when I tell him that I don't want this anymore.

"Oh?"

He's doing that thing again, that thing he did in the Luxembourg Garden... I know he wants to get an answer out of me, and the way I place my words is obviously not going to allow his curiosity to dive under.

But it seems too intense, too weird and I tear my eyes away from his.

He clears his throat and that got my attention towards him...again...but for a brief second.

"People always say the way I glance at a woman is too intense, I've tried to minimize that but by the looks of it... I seem to be making it worst..."

Maybe he didn't know me after all, maybe I mistook the way he looked at me... something that was just an attempt at trying to have the correct visage... In social situations.

But that didn't help the feeling inside, that I do know him.

I look at the built in television by the stairs, forgetting why I came here in the first place... he's opening up to me, and this might be the worst moment to do this.

But when will be right time?

"I see, umm... Shawn."

"I don't, this... we should...umm."

Maybe if I stand up it would make it easier, seeming like I'm going to leave straight after will allow the rest of me to know how necessary this is.

"I hope this isn't you having cold feet... I meant what I said when I came to your place."

I'm tempted to bring up some stuff, more precisely... my assumptions regarding him withholding his name. But that would only prolong this, I don't want to end up leaving here... after making something official that I was planning to prevent.

"There is another guy!"

That didn't come out like I wanted it to, and to make it worst... I yelled it.

Probably because I felt that if I didn't take control now I would lose it, but now my faith is having him back away from me for good... Because he seems like that kind, if I should come back and tell him that I made a mistake... I would have noone to come back to.

"That didn't come out right."

He's walking down the stairs.

Standing in front me, he tried to soften the way he looks at me... I can see it working, until it didn't.

I step away and bit my bottom lip.

"Then what did you really want to say?"

That deep voice is really not making this any easier, I just didn't notice it until now because I created an invisible shield around myself that only fell because he's standing too close to me.

Maybe this is his way of manipulating me to stay, let's just hope he doesn't have a degree in psychology.

You hate when people try to manipulate you, there is your motivation to get on with this.

But this is the first time.

Of course it is, are you forgetting the time he tried to lure you with his voice when you accused him of lying?

Maybe I don't need to get rid of him, maybe I just need to come clean to my aunt... afterall, it's not fair to be cruel to yourself right?

He might still be lying about his name.

Last time I checked, you didn't like liars... you are only setting yourself up to get hurt... with all the lies I'm sure he's got up his sleeves.

If you don't believe me, roll up his sleeves.

This isn't the time for jokes.

You need to say what you need to... and get out!

.

.

.

.

.

.

📕