⭐Chapter 28: Musee du Louvre Part 2⭐

It's getting late now, but of course we can't... and we won't, leave here without viewing the Mona Lisa.

He told me a few facts about her painting, whilst we were viewing the other sculptures and medieval paintings. But I can't access the knowledge just yet, the baroque-style of this place makes you feel important.

It swallows you up into it's world that the style of this place becomes all you know, I'm starting to forget what it feels and also looks like to be outside.

I focus on the direction of where the painting is suppose to be, and of course. I'm too short to see through these people, he pushes through and holds my hand and pulls me along with him.

I'm too close to him, the night is washing my... less sinful way of thinking, away. I try to focus on taking the picture of the painting, then I walk through the group of people.

He emerges out a few seconds later, running his fingers through his hair. I clear my throat, why is he trying to be even more hotter than I found him five minutes ago.

"Are you umm, ready to go?"

He gives me a lopsided smile, I see the table has turnt. I wasn't shy earlier, but he was...now I'm a huge mess.

"Yes, if... that's what you want, then we shall take our leave."

His tongue is trying to get the better of him, getting in the way of his pronunciation. The accent on the English words, sounds a little like it does when he's speaking his mother tongue.

You could tell he's paying a lot of attention on his word placements, and it's only making me like him even more.

I turn around to take one last look at the Mona Lisa. It isn't as big as most would think it is, and it is protected with a glass over it against the wall.

In the year 1852, a man by the name of Luc Maspero actually threw himself from the fourth floor of a Parisian Hotel. But not without the note that read "For years I have grappled desperately with her smile. I prefer to die."

All because of... anyways, we must leave. 

***

We are now back where we started, out of the underground entrance which was under the pyramid.

I can hear the water from the triangular fountains around the glass pyramid. The wide area is lit up by the lights from the building and the light from the pyramid, but not enough... I can hardly see his face.

"Beau, n'est-ce pas ?"

This time I don't mind that he's disregarding what I said earlier, I can't get enough of how beautiful this is right now. Someone could step on my feet right now and I wouldn't be bothered.

Except, we are the only two here.

"Yes, it is beautiful indeed."

His hands are back in his pocket, I suddenly feel the need to ask him about the scars on his face. I take advantage of how little he could see and stare as much as I want.

Of course with it being this dark, it wouldn't seem creepy and instead... as if he's really being listened to.

"The scars on your face, Comment est-il arrivé ?"

He was shifting the weight from his heels to his toes, then he repeats this. Getting more comfortable in my presence as I am in his, until he seems slightly tense.

"If I tell you, I may have to kill you. But I uhh, Je luttais avec un chien."

"I was struggling with a dog."

He expects me to laugh, but like I said earlier... a blessing, not a curse.