Flower Picker[Barry x Reader]

Imagine: That Barry gets jealous when he sees you being hit on by a guy.

Closing time, great your favorite part of the day. Your manager was checking the shelves of flowers to make sure they were watered for the night and not placed near any open windows. You wiped down the counter and cash register, pulling your hair back into a bun and untying your apron from around your waist. Of course you'd get the messy job today, making sure that all of the colorful flowers had new soil.
You worked in the Central City Florist Shop, everyday was a steady wave of customers but not busy to the point of stress. It was mostly elderly women and men who were patient and kind. And then every once in a while there would be a special boyfriend or girlfriend coming in to buy your most expensive bouquet for their loves. "I think this Rose is starting to die. A little more water and if it isn't better in a few days then its better to just trash it." Your manager hummed and grabbed a watering can off of the closest shelf.
You folded your apron and set it under the counter behind the cash register. "Just let me know what we're doing with it so I can take it off of the shelf." You smiled. Working with this kind of manager, AKA Dan was quite interesting. He was young and funny, always willing to make your day better when you were upset.
"You'll be the first to know." He winked over at you, that was when you noticed Barry standing in the doorway. "Oh hey Barry." Dan greeted with a smile and moved on to check the rest of the flowers. "Come to buy our best bouquet?" He joked and Barry shook his head.
"No I came to walk Y/N home." He smiled over at you, pulling you in for a hug when you trotted over to him. Dan watched and huffed, the tension in the shop was making you uncomfortable. "But you look like you could use the most expensiveThat means I get the discount." He boasted and made sure Dan heard. Barry handed you the flowers and kissed your forehead.
Dan pushed you both apart with a dirty rag he found and Barry jumped back. "Enough, just take the damn flowers home." He begged. "My best employee should get herself a free bouquet every month anyway." He grinned down at you and Barry swallowed the lump in his throat. While Barry was twice Dan's size, Dan was built like a tank. It was obvious your manager had a side job at the gym. So if either of them were to fight you'd be curious as to who would win.
"Well thanks Dan." You smiled politely but you knew Barry was getting a little jealous. "Okay, I'm done for the night. You ready Bear?" You called him by the nickname you had given him when you started dating. You had always thought he was a softie like a teddy bear so the name just kind of stuck with him. "Bear?" You tugged on his hand but you noticed he was locking eye contact with Dan.
"But I gave them to her." Barry weakly defended himself. His arm tensed under your touch, almost as if he wanted to punch your manager and get you fired. But Barry wasn't the fighting type unless he was dressed as his alter ego, the Flash.
"Barry it was a joke, are you okay bud?" Dan asked with his eyebrows knitted together. "I was just stating that Y/N is my best employee, she deserves that bouquet."
You raised your brows and Barry sucked in a sharp breath. "I thought you were...never mind." Barry shook his head and squeezed your hand.
"I didn't take you to be the protective boyfriend type." Dan laughed and slapped a hand to Barry's shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow Y/N. You guys have a good night." He backed away and headed for his office to lock up.
You turned to Barry and pressed your hand to his chest. "What did he mean by that? I'm very protective." He clenched his jaw and shook his head. "I should have fought him..." You could tell he was struggling to be mean. There just wasn't a mean bone in his body. "Little...flower picker." He growled and you couldn't help but cover your mouth. "Now you think its funny?"
"Bear you're not aggressive at all." You shook your head. "You do know that flower picker means something different on Urban Dictionary, right?" Barry wriggled and groaned. "Now you're acting like a child, come on." You dragged him out of the shop before he caused a scene in the empty building.