Zoe...!

No!

What is happening? Everything is spinning, everything is just upside-down. This can't be happening!

"Zoe. Zoe please don't..."

"I hit something or someone boss"the voice of someone cuts me off.

"Zoe...No"I sobbed uncontrollably. Beside me Trace had dropped on her knees beside me when I also fell to my knees holding Zoe's head in my lap.

Tracey was silently crying but I...I couldn't control the cries that escapes my lips.

"Cass we need to go or we'll be next"Brett said removing Zoe's head that now soaked my shorts and half the hoodie in blood.

"No... I can't-" he kissed me, I whimpered slightly. He pulled away.

"She's gone Cass"he said looking straight to the body of my bestest friend. Zoe.

"No...No she can't die!"I cried wriggling out of his grip to get back to Zoe.

"Cass. Cassie. Cassandra!"Brett took my shoulders shaking me to realization that it was indeed true.

But....

I fell to my knees my head in my bloody palms. My vision was very blurry and my breath was coming out in short pants.

Brett fell to his knees beside me looking at the lifeless body of my best friend. Now gone just like mom!

Why me...?

Another shot and shout rang in the silence and by then everyone was on the feet.

"We're not leaving her, especially here"I stated firmly wiping my tears away. Well for now.

"But..."

"No. If you can't carry her body then I will"I confirmed bending down to try my best to carry my best friends body from this hellhole.

"Okay let me get her"Brett knelt down slinging her body over his shoulder like a sac of potatoes. Water starts to fill my eyes again at the sight of her eyes closed because of one stupid bullet. My eyes shift to the hole in her head blood still a bit seeping from it.

A sob escape my lips. I plant my hand over my mouth to stop another before I start to cry.

"Let's go, hurry" Joey spoke from a very long time of him not talking.

I nod in response.

We ran until we heard the shouts coming closer and by now I was panicking.

What if?

No. I mustn't think of the worse that could happen. Again!

"Go, go,go-"Brett shouted. My legs were burning from both the adrenaline and strain.

"You can't run!" A shout echoed through the darkness of a hall we were now running through.

Up ahead my eyes caught a door. Maybe we could hide in there? For a while?

Hopefully they won't catch us.

"Guys look, see?-" I pointed to the door up ahead.

"Let's go, hurry"

We all rushed up to the door. Thank the heavens it was open. We all rushed inside as quickly as possible as we heard heavy footsteps.

We all step back away from the door a little and my back hit something. I turn to look at some crates looking back at me.

"What's-"

Shhhh!"Brett scolded as we heard the footsteps walking closer to the door. I held my breath as the footsteps stop for a while but I didn't even breathe after even when the footsteps resume and went farther away from the door... from us!

I finally released the breath and took a good amount of oxygen.

"That. Was close"I breathe. They all nodded in agreement.

"Now what's this?"Brett said as he looked at me as he was about to drop Zoe's body like a ball but my challenging gaze made him do otherwise.

"Oh wow!"

"Now this is great"Brett said as he took out a box of white substances.

"What's that?"I ask curiously.

"Gun powder"Brett shrugged nonchalantly.

"What? Why do they have that?"Brett raised and eyebrow at me as if saying 'really?'

"Nevermind. This is a gang what would I expect them to have. Tampons? Yeah right" I snickered.

"What should we do with it?"Joey ask out.

"I got a plan"

*******
Hey everyone. Thanks for over 300 read. You guys are the best. Anyways Zoe's gone too ✝R.I.P😇 Zoe always miss you✝😥😥😥

Don't forget to vote and comment bye 😊😉