Red Face Brett

"So whatcha got?"I asked curiously looking between Brett and the box which holds gun powder.

"Yeah, what you plan to do with that?" Joey speaks now for the first time we've been in this mess.

I think I've talked the most out of us all.

"Okay I might, no I need a match box, so everyone search and please be as quiet as you can cause I have a feeling they'll be passing by here soon"

Brett's POV†

I think this might work out after all. I hope.

It's December and Cass' birthday is coming up and after that we have our semester's exams. I can't really count how many days we've been here for but I have a feeling it's probably a week and that means Cass' birthday is extremely close and so are the exams.

If it wasn't for that son of a bitch called a father related to me by blood, all of my friends would be safe and so would Zoe shed probably still be alive. We'd all be stressing about the exams coming up but we'd still have a little fun especially me and Cass after I found out my hidden feelings for her when we kissed. For the first time.

I-I felt so alive! She makes me feel, feel somewhat solved. It was strange and foreign when I kissed but her lips were so heavenly to let go of.

Everytime I'm around her and I tease her, her adorable frown and pouts makes me love her even more.

Wait, reverse? A few letters back. Love her. Oh god.

What's not to love about her. Everything about her is to love. I love the way she-

"Brett, Brett!"

"Huh, eh, what?"I said confused. What's going on?

"You zoned out, are you okay?" Cass frowns that adorable frown I start to love. Seeing her bloodshot eyes looking up at me and her blood stain clothes on her makes me cringe and want to cry. Cry!

When I saw her crying because of Zoe, I just wanted to hug her so tight, kiss her and tell her everything's going to be alright.

"Hellooo"someone's finger snap me back to reality. Cass.

"Yep I'm awake, I mean here?"I babble looking at her confusingly.

Did I mention she makes me nervous? I'm only realizing this now from the glare she was sending me knowing that I'm not paying attention and I'm leading this thing.

"We found the match box"she says holding out the small box in the palm of her hand. I open my hand as she places the box in my hand her fingers slightly brushing against my skin causing the goosebumps to awaken.

What?! Goosebumps?!

"Thanks"I mumbled feeling heat travel to my face. Is it that hot in here or am I blushing?

"Are you blushing?" Cass smirked up at me reaching her hand out to my face.

"No"I said immediately turning my face but fingers under my chin turned it back to confront hers.

"Yes. You. Are Brett"she smiled up at me making my heart skip a beat.

"Fine. Shall I tell you all the plan now?"I ask changing the subject from my face to the situation at hand.

"Yeah sure go ahead"she said removing her fingers. I miss her touch.

"Please, I want to get out of her. I want to go home"Tracey spoke for the first time in forever. I looked at her not missing the tear that slipped down her face as she looked at the lifeless body of Zoe.

"So what I had in mind was-" I walked over to the crates of gunpowder, taking out boxes handing it to each of them.

"We don't have any guns. What are we going to do with these?"Tracey ask rubbing at her eyes that were also bloodshot then pointing to the box in her hand.

"We're going to make a trail, with the powder and-"

"Wait, isn't that gonna make them catch up to us and get us caught faster?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, it's gonna lead them to us, but in our trap, because the gunpowder, they'll think we're using them as a way not to get lost or go around in circles which is kinda true. And when we find this exit we're going to..." I point at the box in my hand making all eyes widen at me in realization.

"You're going to cause an explosion? How'd you know about this stuff?"Cass ask me frowning, again.

"I might've watched way too many movies that includes these things and plus if this plan works, every one in this building will wipe out. Dead"I finished, sighing.

"Definitely"she confirmed and so did everyone else.

"I want that son of a bitch dead as soon as possible!"I spat venom at the door that Mr Willows was at mere minutes ago.

All of a sudden we heard noises. "He's the first teenager to be in this gang and besides he's paying his father's debt. He's not leaving unless he's dead or I am"Mr Willows shouts angrily when another shot rang in the air.

I clutched unto Cassandra's hand firmly as if she was going to slip away.

"I'm okay, everything's going to be fine. I hope"she whispers in my ear making me jump a little at the gesture. I nod understanding.

Soon footsteps followed by more footsteps that sounds like hundreds of them stop by the door. The door to the room we're hiding in.

Then the most awesome thing happened. The knob turned.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello! I'm sorry Zoe's life still had to end that easy but that's just it... i guess.

Hope you enjoying it anyways,only a few more chapters to go the the epilogues. Thanks so much for the reads. PLEASE COMMENT. PLEASE!!
and vote... Untill next time ✌