23. alliance

"The sky people march with us now! Anyone who tries to stop that, will pay with their life!" Lexa yelled to her people. "Warm welcome."

Clarke lit Finns body on fire for the funeral. Eden watched as the flames took over his corpse.

"Please accept this gift, commander. We drink at special occasions. I believe this qualifies." Kane handed her a bottle with a liquid inside. "Thank you, Marcus of the sky people."

"You're welcome, Lexa Kom Trikru. Just don't drink too much of it."

"Clarke let us drink together."

"It would be my pleasure." Clarke said. "Tonight we celebrate our newfound peace. Tomorrow we plan a war." Gustus poured them a drink. "To those we've lost, and to those we'll soon find."

"Heda, let me." Lexa nodded, giving him the cup as he took a sip, giving it back to Lexa after he had finished. Lexa brought the cup to her lips but gustus toppled over. "It's poison. It was the sky people."

"It wasn't us!" Kane yelled. "You have to know this wasn't us, we didn't do this."

"Search everyone in this room!" Lexa ordered. Eden felt hands search her, but they didn't find anything on her. "That's not mine!" Raven yelled. "I'm telling you, that's not mine. He put it there when he searched me!"

"No sky person leaves this room."

"Raven I need to know the truth. You wanted me to kill Lexa today. If you tried to poison her, I need to know." Raven scoffed. She punched her in the face. "You're the only murderer here!"

Eden sat in the corner, not knowing what to believe, she crossed her arms over her chest, scared of what they'd do to Raven.

"I argued for you all to die, but the commander is merciful. She only wants one." The guards dragged Raven out of the room. "You should run." Everyone piled out of the room, except for Eden and Clarke. Eden didn't want to go out there. "Your girlfriend is out there, getting ready to be tortured, how can you be sitting here?" Clarke asked. "She's not my girlfriend." Eden said.

"I take no joy in this, Raven. But this time, justice will be done."

"I didn't do it, how is that justice?" Lexa cut Ravens arm, making her wince in pain. Raven didn't know how Many times they cut her but she knew it was a lot. "The poison wasn't in the bottle." Clarke said, making Lexa stop the torture. Raven looked towards her confused. "I need that bottle now." One of Lexa's men got the bottle, and Clarke drank from it. "One of your people tried to kill up Lexa, not one of mine."

"You should've run."

"The poison wasn't In the bottle, it was in the cup. He tested the cup. He searched Raven."

"Gustus would never harm me."

"You weren't the target, the alliance was. We didn't do this, and you know it."

"Is it true, Gustus?"

"The alliance would cost your life, Heda. I could not let that happen to you."

"This treachery will cost yours."

Eden couldn't sit in that room anymore, she walked out of the room, and saw Raven being taken down from a pole, and gustus being put up. Raven walked over to us, and stood beside us a blanket around her. Eden stood behind them not wanting to be near Raven.