38. memories

Eden watched as Octavia beat her own brother up. "You're dead to me." Octavia said.

"Oh Raven, this is pointless. Sensory stimulation at the level required - to force me out is unsustainable."

"Raven, what's wrong?" Abby asked her. "I need your help to get this thing out of my head, and I think I know how to do it. Did you send the 100 to the ground wearing biometric wristbands?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I'm telling you, it will work."

"These wristbands were designed to transmit vital signs, electrical signs from the body."

"I designed them. I know how they work."

"Then you know they have a transponder. All we have to do is reverse it, and then we can send an energy pulse into my brain. If I'm right, it will fry whatever Alie put in there without damaging the tissue."

"What if you're wrong?"

"If I was wrong, Alie wouldn't be looking at me like I stole her favorite toy."

"She's here? You can see her?" Raven nodded. "Why, Raven? With everything that I can do for you, why would you do this?" Alie asked her.

"Because you stole my memories you crazy bitch."

"Are there any wristbands left?" "I'm not sure. We made more than we needed. It's possible there could still be a few more hanging around. Find them." Abby told Jasper.

"No!" Raven yelled falling to the ground as pain took over. As she remembered the mountain. Her bad memories. "You wanted your memories back. Here they are." Alie said. Raven cried, as Abby spoke to Jasper. "Her hearts racing. We need to get her to medical.

The two took her to medical, laying her down on the bed. "Go get the wrist bands." Abby said to Jasper. "What are you waiting for? Go." Abby said to Jackson. "Make it stop. Please." Raven begged. "I can lead you back to the City of Light. All you have to do is submit." Alie said.

"No! I submit."

"Completely, Raven. Permanently."

"I submit, please!" Raven let out a scream before passing out for a second.

When she woke, she sat up on the bed, facing towards Abby. "I have full access to Raven's synaptic network. She's ours." The words escaped her mouth. Jackson sedated Abby, and Raven watched as she fell to the ground.

"Welcome back." Jaha said, as Abby awoke. "Not you, too." Abby said to Jackson as she was tied up a chair. "Abby, it's a miracle. As doctors, it's our job to relive suffering."

"What was your mothers name Jackson?" Abby asked him. "Mary Jackson died in her sons arms after suffering a terrible illness." Raven, who was currently possessed by Alie, said. "Who am I talking to? It's alie right?" Abby asked. "Mary's death is the reason he became a doctor. She'd take that from you too? How is that a miracle?"

"All you have to do is swallow the key, and see for yourself." Jaha spoke. "That's never gonna happen."

"He said you'd say that."

"I want to talk to Raven." Abby said to Alie. "Raven is in the City of Light. All you have to do-"

"I said no!" Abby yelled. "Abby, you've stopped us for two long. We need you to tell the people it's safe. What we're doing is too important."

"What you're doing is stealing people's minds."

"You're wrong. We're freeing their minds, and we won't be done until everyone is with us."

"I don't care if you torture me. I will never take the key."

"Who said anything about torture?" Alie asked. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a choice." Raven brought the scalpel to her wrists, slicing them open, the doing the same to the other. "No! Stop!" Abby yelled several times. "If you want to save Raven, all you have to do is take the key."

"Thelonious, please. If I don't stop the bleeding, she's gonna die."

"Her body will die, but her mind will live forever."

"Please!" Raven fell to the ground, passing out. "Raven! I'm begging you, let me go to her."

"Open your mouth, and hold out your tongue." Jaha said. Abby looked to Ravens limp body, and swallowed the key.

"Raven! Raven! What did they do to you?" Jasper asked, as he found her. "They didn't do anything. I'm sorry if I frightened you today."

"I don't understand. You were just begging to get that thing out of your head."

"I was wrong. You can finally see for yourself. All you have to do is-" Jasper injected her with a substance, making her pass out.