36. not remembering

"How sure are you that the debris from the thirteenth station fell in the ocean?" Jaha asked Raven. "Alie and I ran the trajectories a thousand times, literally a thousand times."

"But what is the actual probability that your right?"

"Between 75% and 80%."

"Not good enough. Keep looking."

"I told you, this is as good as it's gets."

"Then you need more resources. We need to increase the population in the City of Light. The more minds turned to the task, the more powerful Alie becomes and the closer we get to finding the second Alie."

"One problem, when Abby shut us down, Pike confiscated our chip-maker."

"Then we need to get it back."

"How? Who is going to be crazy enough to-"

"I don't need a whole bottle." Jasper said. "Just give me a glass."

"You've got a problem, Jasper."

"Go float yourself, Sinclair." Raven and Jaha smiled at each other knowing they had found someone.

"You said there'd be booze?" Jasper asked Raven.

"I lied."

"Oh, damn it."

"But I brought you here to talk about something you might find even more interesting than the City of Light. I hear you have experience breaking into offices of elected officials."

"That I do."

"Pikes office. You'll need to distract the guards. They know I'm with Jaha, but the think you're just a drunken idiot. For what it's worth, i think you're more than that. If we're lucky enough to get to that door, pike changed his access code. Five digit numeric."

"That's gonna have like a trillion different combinations. Who is gonna figure that out?"

"I was thinking you."

"Well we were just talking about how I was a drunken idiot."

"Pike put Monty in charge of internal surveillance. My guess is, he's got him in on electronic security, as well, which means we don't have to crack Pikes password, just montys, and who knows more about Monty than you?"

"Sounds like a terrible idea. I'm in."

"What else could Monty have used as a password?"

"You mean other than the five hundred ideas i have already come up with?"

"Just think. Don't over analyze."

"Right, speaking of which, how exactly are you connected to the computer here? I mean, how do you know every idea I've had is wrong without even trying it?"

"Raven?"

"It'll be easier for you to see than for me to explain."

"Huh, the old carrot and stick?"

"Whatever it takes, Jasper. Just keep trying. What's his favorite color?"

"Green. It's a joke."

"Favorite book?"

"Catcher in the Rye."

"Keep trying. Favorite place?"

"Down here or up there?"

"Both."

Starboard windows bay. It has the best view of the moon on the whole damn ship, and we used to get a little bit baked, just sit back, watch the sky playing, 'would planet would you rather' it would always be earth. We were such dumbasses."

"That's it. The code is an alphanumeric sequence representing the word 'earth.' Looks like Monty was think about the same window you were. Good job, Jasper."

"Presuming we don't get caught or killed, I'm first in line for a chip.

"Pike doesn't have a safe, so Jaha's little chip maker has got to be here somewhere." "So how'd you and Eden meet?"

"What?" Raven asked, confused. "You and Eden, your girlfriend?"

"Raven, when was your first Kiss?" Jasper asked, making Raven think. Raven grew irritated not knowing this stuff. "I found it." Jasper said. "Take it and go." Alie said to her. "We can't let her have this." Raven said, frustrated that she couldn't remember much about Eden, she didn't even know where she currently was.