Chapter 11

I walk inside the mansion with Keith arm around my arm."My bitches bad and bougee" I hear blasting through the boomers. I see red cups in hands, guys gripping on girls waist, and girls twerking on guys. "How can you be around this type of shit. First of all, it's too hot. Second of all-" Keith puts his hand on my lips and brings my ears closer to his lips. "Stop complaining. People gon' hear you and think you're being bitchy" he says. "I don't give a fuck" I say flicking him off. Once I walk in, I see people start whispering and cheesing hard. I guess their surprised I'm here. "It's Brelyn and Keith" I hear someone yell. Now everybody's head turned and they stared at us. We keep on walking until we got to the bar. "Damn this bitch got a bar ?" I say. I never seen this side of her house before. We wait at the bar until the bartender comes us to us. "Hey I'm Trevante and how can I serve you ?" He says. I stare at him. Not because he looked cute, but because he looks familiar. "I'm sorry what's your name again ?" I say to him. Keith gives me a look. "Trevante" he replies. "Trevante what ?" I say. "Trevante Wilkes" he replies. Once I heard his name, I jump over the counter and gave him a big huge. "Trevante ! It's me, Peaches" I tell him still hugging him.

Flashback

"Where are we going ?" I ask my best friend Tre as we walk in the dark alley of Atlanta. "Stop asking question Peaches. I gotta drop something real quick" he says shutting me up. I sigh and keep on following him until we got to this unknown place. "Tre, I don't want to be here" I tell him. "I'm scared. What if-" Tre cuts me off. "Nothing is going to happen to us, and you most definitely. I'll kill a nigga if he tries to do something slick shit to you Peach" Tre says turning around and looking me in the eye. "You're safe with me. And if you in a situation were you can't defend yourself, call me immediately and I won't waste more than a second being there, you hear me Peach ?" He says. I keep quite. "I said you hear me" he says getting louder. I nod my head. "I hear you." He nods his head and stares at me. "Don't be scared of me now, I'm here to protect you" he says giving me a hug. I hesitate to hug him back, but I did it anyway. "I love you Peach." At the age of 14, I still didn't know what love was. I never had it, felt it, or even tried to look up the definition. I just knew in my mind that he surely loved me and would do anything for me.

He pulls away from the hug and stares at me. "Peaches?" He says. "Yes, it's me" I say with a huge grin on my face. "I haven't see you in like forever. I missed you" he tells me. "After high school, I went out to look for you, I even asked your mom before, you know" he continues. I clear my throat and shift in my seat hearing the word mom "Who this ?" He asks me pointing at Keith. "Um, this is Keith. Hes my boyfriend" I say. Trevante looks at me weirdly and I start to feel a weird vibe form as we keep on talking. "How have you been doing ?" He asks me. "You like the music business ?" He asks me. I nod drinking my tequila. "Yes. I've been doing great. It's a dream that I never thought would come true" I say. "I always knew you had it in you. You know I always told you that you have to plant success to get your money tree and look at you now, rocking Chanel bags" he says making me chuckle. "She loves them Chanel bags man. I buy them for her" Keith says. Tre looks at him with hate in his eyes. "Um, yeah. But I think I like the watches more" I say trying to break the awkwardness. Tre draws his attention back to me and he clears his throat. "I think I should get back to working. I don't want to stop y'all from having fun" Tre says. "Well I see you again" I say. Tre writes his number down on a piece of paper and  smiles at me. I give him a smile back. "Bye Tre" I say leaving the bar.

Picture of Trevante at the top.