Chapter 31

2 weeks later...

"So... Miss. Brook, did you ever think you could make it this far in your career?" The interviewer asked me.

"Yes. I was determined to get out the situation I was in before I got in this music industry. I didn't like the way I was living, so I switched up," I respond. I wasn't tryna go deep into my personal life so I'm just going to leave it there.

"So, lately we've been seeing you and Keith Powers around Hollywood, are you guys a thing now?" She asks me. I sigh at the question. Always bringing this up.

"What do you mean by 'thing'?" I ask her.

"Like friends, friends with benefits, couple," she pauses for a second. "Fuck buddies?" I laugh at her comment and shake my head.

"No. Keith and I had a very deep connection before we split and we thought it would be dumb for us to throw it so away for something that happened 2 years ago," I say, not bringing Keith and I fucking some weeks ago. She raises her eyebrows.

"Why you raising your eyebrow?" I ask her. She laughs and clears her throat before she speaks, like she is about to drop a bomb on me.

"We have photos of him coming in and out of your house, with his pants unbuckled at times and we even have a leaked video of you guys," the interviewer says. I scrunch up my face and jump up from my seat.

"Leaked video?" I thought.

"Hold up. Stop interview. I said stop it!" I say getting loud. The camera people stop recording and they turn the audio off.

"What video?" I ask the interviewer. She takes out her phone and hands me it. She scrolls on her emails and pulls up on a video of Keith and I.

"For real?" I think.

I watch the video by myself and the only person I could think of was Keith. Did he do this on purpose? Coming to my house after 2 whole years and deciding that he wanted me back. I'm confused?

"I have to go," I say. I grab my belonging and leave the building. I call up Keith while walking to my car and he immediately answers.

"Hey boo," he says, making me angry.

"Don't hey boo me. Who leaked a video of us fucking in my bedroom?" I ask him. He keeps quiet.

"There's a sex tape of us," Keith says with a shaky voice.

"Look. I'ma need you to meet me at my house, NOW!" I say with my voice boosting through the parking lot. I hang up the phone and enter my car.