Chapter 17

Keith P.O.V

We all get inside the car and I start driving. "Thanks for putting KJ in his carseat," I tell while looking at the road. "No problem," she says looking at the window. "I know you still mad but-." She put her hand up. "I don't want to hear it. Shit already happened," she says. I sigh. "Don't put your hand up at me and let me finish talking," I say getting to a stopping light. "I'm supposed have respect for my son's mom because it has a good effect on my son's life. I'm not gonna act like I hate my baby momma in front of my son so he can think that's how to treat a women," I say. "And that's cool but don't be hugging all up on each other. What if you saw me all hugged up with another dude, you're gonna be hella mad," she says with attitude. "She not just another girl, she's my son's mom and you need to respect her," I say. Bre scoffs. "I don't give a flying fuck if that's your baby moms," Bre says turning her head at me. I smack my teeth. "Grown the fuck up Bre," I say as the light turned green. "Whatever. I'm over this shit," Bre says. I turn around to see if KJ was awake, but he was sound asleep.

20 minutes later...

Bre P.O.V

We arrive at the studio and I before I could get out the car, Keith stops me. "What?" I ask him with an attitude. "First of all drop that shit," he says grabbing my face. I pull away and roll my eyes. "I'm sorry about hugging Jasmine," Keith says with sorry eyes. "That's all I needed to hear," I say with a smile. I'm usually not a forgiving person, but I just didn't really wanna argue. We share a kiss and hop out the car. I go to the backseat of  Keith's car and wake KJ up. "Wake up lil man," I say to KJ.

Flashback

I walk home from a long day from work to hear gunshots fire outside of my apartment home. I hurry home and run inside to see my mom crying on the floor in a pool of blood. "What the hell!" I shout. I walk over to my mom to comfort her, but she pushes me away. "Bobby!" She shouts running over to the other side of our living room. I look over at her and see my little brother laying in a pool of his own blood. "Bobby!" I scream running over to him. "This can't be true. Wake up lil' man," I say shaking him. "Wake up lil' man," I say again, louder. "Call 911!" I shout. My mother crawls to the corner of the room and cries. "It's your fault. You should've been here!" My mom screams at me. After that, I blamed myself for my brothers death. Maybe if I was there, I could've prevented this. I caused Bobby's death. His blood was in my hands.

I feel a teardrop escape my eyes. "Baby what's wrong?" Keith asks me. I snap out of my zone and look up at Keith. "Nothing," I say and carry KJ out the car. Keith just looks at me and shakes his head. "Swear you good?" He asks me. "Don't even worry," I say giving him a kiss on the cheek. "It ain't nothing," I mumble walking inside the studio.