Chapter 16

We Finally Here. Me And Dre Went Out For The Coin Toss.

FINALLY Homecoming Game
El Monte Wolves V.S. Booker T. Washington Tornadoes

My Stomach Was Doing Backflips If I'm Keeping It A Hunnid. Once Everything Got Started And I Got Comfortable Everything Came To Me. I Started Off At Quarterback And Three Plays Into The Offense I Threw The Ball Deep To Dre And He Caught It Over Two Defenders For A Touchdown. I Ran Down The Field As He Stood Up.

DJ

"That's What I'm Talking Bout." I Said Smacking His Helmet.

Dre

"All Day Bruh, All Day." He Said.

I Watched As Our Teammates Went Out To Play Defense. I Already Knew Coach Wouldn't Put Me And Dre In For Defense Unless It Came Down To The Wire And We Were Needed. As We Jogged Back Out I Heard Someone Call Me. I Turned Around To See Jessica In The Stands In My Away Jersey For The School With Alesha Next To Her In Dre's Shouting Our Names. I Smiled Before Going Into The Huddle.

I Played Quarterback For Most Of The First Quarter Until They Finally Let Cameron In. I Was Calling The Plays Out To Him And He Was Running Them While I Played Running Back. It Felt Good To Get Carries. As Soon As I Grabbed The Ball I Made Two People Miss Wide Open Tackles, Then I Took Off Burning The Safety And Scored My First Running Touchdown Today. Dre Came Over And Jumped On Me.

Dre

"LETS GET IT!" He Said Hyping Me Up More.

DJ

"All Day Remember?" I Said Laughing And Jogging Off. The Crowd Was Into It, The Band Was On Fire, And Now We Were Up Twenty One To Seven. I Sat Down And Got Water. I Heard My Name Get Called Again So I Turned Around And Saw Jasmine With Bianca Cheering For Me With A Shirt That Had My Number On It And Picture Of Me Running The Ball For A Touchdown. I Waved Weakly Before I Sat Down To Get Checked By The Trainers. How Come She's So Late? I'm Giving Her Another Chance And She Comes Late To One Of The Most Important Games Of The Year For Me?
It Felt Kinda Awkward For Jessica And Jasmine To Be Here At The Same Time, But I'll Worry Bout That Later At The Dance. Right Now We Gotta Finish This Win. We Had About Forty Five Seconds Left Until Halftime And We Were Playing Defense. While They Were Out There I Got The Crowd Into It By Telling Everyone To Stand Up. We Got Three Stops In The Red Zone And Stopped A Touchdown. So When Halftime Finally Came The Score Was Twenty One To Ten. I Had One Hundred And Fifteen Passing Yards And A Touchdown, As Well As Ninety Eight Rushing Yards And A Touchdowns. Dre Had One Hundred And Fifty Receiving Yards And A Touchdown. When Everyone Was In The Locker Rooms Coach Wanted To Speak.

Coach Causey

"This Is Great What I'm Seeing Right Now. From Every Last One Of You Guys. Now Focus On Playing Defense For Me And Finish Off This Game Strong."

Once I Stepped Out I Saw Jasmine Standing There With A Smile On Her Face. Let's See Where This Takes Me.

Jasmine

"Hey, I'm Sorry I'm Late. I Picked You Up Something For The Dance And It Took Longer Than Expected. "

DJ

"You Straight." I Said As I Walked Towards The Field.

Jasmine

"Are You Okay?"

DJ

"Yea, I'm Good Just Trying To Focus On Finishing This Game." I Said As I Put My Helmet Back On.

Jasmine

"It's Nothing That You Can't Do So Just Go Out There And Make It Happen." She Said And I Looked At Her.