Chapter 17

I get drunk. My friends left early, but I decided to stay here and get so drunk I drown everything inside of me and everything is blurry. I was drinking hard liquor tonight, which means I really wanted to get drunk.

I stayed at the bar, occasionally giving Aaron appreciative glances because I couldn't help but admire him and occasionally talked to Rory. I probably won't remember half of our conversations, anyway. 

Aaron served me drinks the whole evening. I didn't let Rory do it, I wanted him to do it. He didn't show any trace of discomfort, but he didn't show any interest, either. Bummer. 

"Brooke? I'm closing soon, how are you planning to go home?"

"Since I came here with my friendsss ..." I drunkenly slur. "Oh my god he's so hot," I say when I catch a glimpse of Aaron again, talking to some drunk girl who's clinging to him. 

Rory sighs. "Brooke, look at me," she calmly demands. I look at her. I pop my lips and start laughing. Rory sighs again. "Brooke!" she demands, more harshly this time. I try to stop laughing and look serious, but that makes me laugh even more. I don't even know why I'm laughing. 

"Brooke, do you have anyone you can call to come pick you up?"

I stare at her for some seconds, processing her question. Damn. I probably shouldn't get this drunk. I start nodding my head, my brother coming into mind. 

"Good. Can you call someone to take you home?"

I nod again and start searching through my purse. I pull out my phone and want to unlock it, but I have it turned the wrong way and when I notice it, I start laughing again. I almost drop my phone, but I catch it the last second and it makes me laugh even harder.

When I look at Rory, I notice her looking at Aaron with her hand on her forehead and they seem to be communicating with each other without words. And then it kind of hits my drunken self what's going on in front of my eyes. 

"Holy shit, Rory!" I shriek. Rory looks at me with wide eyes. "Why didn't you tell me you two are dating? And I thought he wasn't flirting back because he wasn't interested!" I smile big at her but then I pout when I realise I've been going for my new flatmate's man the whole night. "Shit, Rory, I am so sorry, if I knew you were dating him, I would have never flirted with him!" 

Rory starts shaking her head, her mouth hanging open. "Brooke, no, we're not -" She doesn't finish the sentence because I suddenly lose my balance and fall right down on the floor. I start laughing for some reason.

Rory is instantly on this side of the bar, helping me sit in my chair again. I can't even stand. "Jesus, Brooke, how much did you drink?"

I lift my hand and try to show her 'a little' with my thumb and pointer, but my fingers aren't cooperating with me and that makes me frown. After some trying, I just shrug and drop my hand back down.

I lean into her, trying to say something in her ear. She leans into me back and I tell her, "You have a really hot boyfriend." Rory cringes because I may have said that a bit too loud.

I start giggling and she rolls her eyes. "Okay, Brooke, it's time for you to go home. Give me your phone."

I pout at her but I give her my phone anyway. 

She calls someone and steps aside a few steps, never leaving me out of her sight. Aaron is keeping me busy, trying to get me to drink some water but I only laugh at him because I can't do anything else. I just want to go to sleep. 

"You and Rory look really good together. Sorry I went after you, thought you were single," I whisper in Aaron's ear.

Aaron's eyes widen. "What? No -"