Chapter 35

Two days later, I'm in the kitchen anxiously looking at the clock, wondering why Rory didn't come back from work on time. She decided to go back to work this week and we've usually seen each other in the morning since her hours have changed now. That also means we come home at around the same time, I usually come after her since the shop is further away from our flat.

I finally hear the front door open. I instantly peek my head out of the kitchen. "Oh, thank God, I was getting worr- oh. Hey," I say in confusion, spotting Braden standing behind Rory. That's ... interesting.

Rory offers me an apologetic smile. "Hey, sorry for not calling. We, uh, stopped at McDonald's." Rory flushes at that. 

My confusion grows even more, looking at the bags in Braden's hands. "You stopped at McDonald's?" I ask in disbelief, looking at Braden to get some answers. My brother never goes to McDonald's. Literally never, he never even thinks about it. 

Braden just shrugs and lovingly looks at Rory, grinning from ear to ear. Well, that explains everything.

My face breaks out into a big smile. "I just remembered that I have to take something to Aaron that he forgot here." I jump up and literally spring to the front door, giving Rory a kiss on the cheek when I pass her. "Have fun!" I call out, all giddy to see them together again. 

I quickly send Aaron a text.

Me: Hey, I'm coming by, will explain later

When I sit in the car, my phone vibrates with a new text.

Aaron: sorry, babe, not home, ttyl

I stare down at the text, a little sour, but I have to accept the fact that Aaron doesn't have 24 hours a day to spend with me. Sadly. Although I do know that he went from work a bit earlier today, he just didn't tell me any specific reason as to why. 

I open the group chat with my girls.

Me: Any of you have some spare time? Brother decided to get Rory back and he decided our flat would be best to do that. Needed to get out of there.

Much to my surprise, Cory is the first one to respond.

Cory: Bummer!! And I thought I would get a chance now that he's single.

I put my palm on my face, rubbing my eyebrows, sighing to myself. Are their crushes on my brother ever going to die down? 

Me: You have a boyfriend ... 

Cory: I'd break up with Simon for a chance with your brother ;) 

Cory: Don't tell him that, though!

Me: You're the worst ever and he SHOULD know 

Cory: Your brother makes lesbians go straight, stfu 

I roll my eyes and lean my head against the headrest. Jesus Christ. 

Me: Don't tell me to stfu 

Me: Are you free to hang out or not? 

Cory: Yes. See you in 15.

She doesn't even have to confirm where we're going because we always go to the same place.

Sam: Can't. Going on a date in few! 

Me: Oooo, good luck. You're going to need it ;)

Sam: Bitch.

Amy: I can come, too. 

Me: Great!