Chapter 32

Aaron took us to a nice restaurant before we went to see a movie. Even though I nagged him at first as to why must he take me to a fancy restaurant, I ended up enjoying it. We also got to know each other some more and we had a great time together. The food was amazing, too, which played a great part - as always with me.

Afterwards, he took us to the cinema to watch an action - thank God it wasn't anything romantic. Later on, he admitted that he wasn't sure what type of a movie I'd prefer to watch. And I told him that, yes, I do enjoy watching romantic movies on occasion, but I wouldn't like him choosing to watch a romantic movie with me just because I want to - unless he enjoys watching romantic movies, too. 

So, we cleared that up and I saw Aaron felt quite relieved at that. And then, after the movie, followed the best part. We both went to my place since Braden and Rory were out and we christened my flat.

I kind of feel bad now, thinking that Rory lives with me, too, but I don't even want to think about what she and Braden have been doing there ... I shudder at the thought. 

Aaron leaves my bed late in the morning, telling me he has to go to lunch with his parents. I think that's actually sweet. Braden also told me, when I asked him if he could do lunch today with me, that he can't because he's meeting Rory's parents. And I'm very excited to hear how it's all going to go. I still hold hope that this means Braden will Rory a chance and let himself be with her. 

I still hope Rory is the one for him. I can clearly see their both feelings, yet they're both too stubborn to admit then.

Sometime later that day, I search for Rory in her room. "Hey. How did it go?" I ask, referring to the lunch Rory and Braden had at Rory's parents, plopping myself down beside her on the bed.

"What?" Rory tries playing delusional.

I roll my eyes at her. "Braden meeting your parents and all that stuff." I motion with my hands around. 

Rory frowns and shrugs, looking down at her hands. "It went well."

"Then why are you sitting here and looking like your puppy just died?"

She looks at me with slightly raised eyebrows. "I don't have a puppy," she says pointedly.

I laugh. "Not the point," I sing out.

Rory sighs, smoothing the bed sheet with her hand. "Braden and I had a ... talk on the way back. He told me about his ex-soon-to-be-wife," she mumbles.

My expression falls. "Well, damn," I comment, studying her. "You mean more to him than I thought." And the hope in me just blooms a little more. 

Rory's eyebrows draw together and he eyes shoot up to look at me. "What?" she says, confused.

I shake my head. "It's just ... he never told anyone about Victoria. Not a lot of people know about what happened since there weren't a lot of people invited to the wedding and we've all done the best we could so the story wouldn't release. But Braden never told a living soul about her, ever."

She lets the words sink in. "She hurt him very much," Rory says, her tone hard.

I smile sadly, remembering the times Braden called me, breaking down on the phone. He really loved her and Victoria did hurt him a lot. He would've given her the world, literally anything she wished for, but she left him for another man. "She did. He loved her so very much and I still hate her to this day for doing that to someone who didn't deserve it at all. I think Braden forgave her, but I never will," I say. "He gave her everything, Rory. Her would've given his life for her if she only asked. He's that kind of man. And she destroyed him."