Chapter 19

When we get to the bar, I walk in before Braden and Rory to find a spot for us. And also to leave them alone, because I sense my brother would like to talk to her some more. 

I order drinks for me and Braden before I go in search for a table.

I go further back in the bar, but I make sure that we can see the bar perfectly. I know Braden will appreciate it. But I didn't pick this table only because of Braden.

The bar is not that packed and the music is not that loud yet. It's quite nice actually. And I have a perfect view of Aaron. What else could I wish for?

It's long minutes before Braden decides to bless me with his presence. He unbuttons his dress jacket before he sits down. I place my chin on my closed palm, staring at him with interest and mischief. I can't help but make a bit fun of him. That's what sisters are for, anyway. ''Had enough time to make out with my flatmate outside?''

Braden casts me an annoyed look with a look of warning. ''Brooke, don't start. It's none of your business what I have going on with anyone.''

I raise my eyebrows and grin at him mockingly. I see it makes him annoyed even more. ''Of course not. But if I'll lose my flatmate, who turns out to be a really, really great one, I'll force you to live with me.''

Braden grimaces and shudders at my words. ''Yeah, I think I'll pass. You're fine on occasions, but more times than not, you're annoying the hell out of me. Like right now,'' he says dryly, looking at me pointedly.

I scowl. ''Hey, I'm not that bad! At least I'm not a jerk all the time. Unlike you,'' I bicker back.

A small smile falls on his lips and he shakes his head at me. He knows I'm joking and that I like giving him hell. I like giving everyone hell. That's who I am. Take it or leave it.

Well, Braden doesn't have a choice. He can't leave anymore because he's my brother. So, if he wants it or not, I'm staying in his life. 

I see how Braden's attentions shifts when Rory comes to the bar and I take the time to look at Aaron. I look at their greeting with interest, how they both seem so familiar with each other, even though Rory said they haven't known each other for that long. 

When Rory's preparing a drink, Aaron goes behind her and puts his hands on Rory's hips, whispering something in her ear. 

I eye Braden to see his reaction. He's having his fists balled together, staring at Rory and Aaron like he wants to commit a murder. Oh, boy

I look at them again. There are a lot of touching going on between them, that's for sure. But for some reason, as a woman knowing a woman, Rory doesn't seem to be showing much interest in him. I can't see her face clearly, but her body is definitely speaking on its own. 

Aaron doesn't even notice me sitting there, which is probably for the best. I made such a fool out of myself last night that it's quite sad. And I admit that I'm embarrassed about that. Maybe I should find someone and get laid tonight. It's been too long. 

"Are you going to talk to her or stare at her all night?" I ask Braden. 

I receive no answer. He's too busy staring at Rory as if he could make her appear in front of him with the intensity of his stare. I roll my eyes to myself. 

Braden tells me he's going to get a refill of our drinks and stands up abruptly, heading straight to the bar.

Well. This is fun! 

I place my chin on my hand and stare at where Rory and Braden are having an intense conversation with a lot of stiff movements. 

"How come such a gorgeous woman is all by herself?"