Nightmares

Allison's POV:

I get shaken awake by Josh saying my name, and holding me. I can feel the tears in my eyes and the dream still in my head. I'm terrified. That man had not just shot us, he did Josh first, limb by limb, then the same to me.

"Allison, Allison! Shhhhh.. It's okay. It was only a dream Alli. Sweetie it was a dream" Josh's voice was gentle, and he had me wrapped in his arms. It felt comforting, but I couldn't get over that dream. I wasn't screaming anymore, but sobbing and hysterically crying. I could still feel the pain of the bullets in my body. Arms, legs, stomach, and head. He held me tighter and my crying got quieter. I started to calm down more, and we just sat there together.

Josh carried me to the bed, and put me down. He sat next to me, and we laid there. Not talking, not moving, just being quiet for a couple of minutes. I turned to my left side next to him, and gave him a long, tight hug.

"Thank you" I said. "Sorry I totally freaked out"

"Its ok Alli. Everyone has nightmares. Don't apologize for it." And he hugged me tighter. It felt pleasant, and Josh smelt fresh like flowers and soap. I fell asleep in his arms, my head rested on his chest, and his arms at my waist. Then I didn't have any nightmares.

++++++++++++++++++

Josh's POV:

I woke up to see Allison screaming and crying. She was still asleep but looked terrified. She must be having a nightmare. I run to Allison and shake her awake. Her eyes open fiercely with tears threatening to pour down her cheeks.

"Allison, Allison! Shhhhh.. It's okay. It was only a dream Alli. Sweetie it was a dream" I say, trying to calm her down. She starts to cry, and I wrap her in my arms even tighter. Gosh. I love this feeling. Both of us so close. But, this isn't the time to think like that. I just need to help Alli. We sit on the air matress for a while. She has calmed down, but I'm still hugging her. It felt warm. Her eyes looked up to mine, and I could see the shimmering blue in them. You could almost see the nightmare itself through her terrified ocean-like eyes.

I got a cramp from the air mattress and carried her to her/mine for now bed. I laid down and looked at her for a long time. Neither of us talked, and she kept her eyes at the ceiling. Untill she turned on her side to me. Our eyes connected for a moment, but that moment seemed to last forever. Stuck in time. Just me and her.

"Thank you" She said. "Sorry I totally freaked out"

"Its ok Alli. Everyone has nightmares. Don't apologize for it." She shouldn't feel bad for being scared. I hugged her longer, and she fell asleep in my arms. My hands on her waist were tight and reassuring. She didn't move a muscle in her sleep. Good. As I was drifting off I realized something.
I really liked tonight.
Allison is so different than she was when she was a kid.
She seemed more mature.
Kinder
Funnier
Beautiful.