Like Real People Do

Allison's POV:

I really hope Josh isn't mad at me. I should have told him that we were coming back to school early because of the snow days. I think I should take him shopping for just some basic school stuff. I decided to wait until our parents got home.

That was a bad choice. It was so awkward. I ended up going into my room and playing on my phone until they got home. He didn't follow.

Clink. Clink. Was the familiar sound of my mom's keys hitting against each other. I walked downstairs to see my parents, Connor, Josh's parents and Josh in the living room. I walk over and give my mom and dad a hug.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." I said. My mom gave me the new folder and it was adorable. It had a cute little kitten with blue eyes sitting on a white blanket in the front, and a different kitten that looked the same, but this one had green eyes and was laying on its back. So cute. "Aweeeeee. Its adorable." I said still looking at the little kitties. Josh tilted his head over.

"Aweeeee" he said putting his hands on his cheeks. I giggled and could see the amusement in Connors eyes, but I ignored it.

"Hey mom." I said twirling around to face her. "Isn't Josh coming to school with me this month?"

"Yeah." She said looking over at Josh's mom, and she nodded at my mom then looked to Josh. "Connor is going to." She said and I slightly rolled my eyes. I could see pure shock in Connors face so then I almost laughed.

"So can Josh and I go to K-mart or something and get school supplies?" I asked my mom. She seemed to consider it and nodded.

"Connor, would you like to come along?" She asked. He just gave Josh and I a look then responded.

"I'd rather not. They can just get me stuff." Connor said and sat down. I grabbed Josh's arm and headed to the car.

We got into the truck, and I turned on the radio immediately. The song "like real people do" by Hozier came on, and I started singing with the chorus.

"Why were you digging

What did you bury

Before those hands pulled me from the dirt.

I will not ask you where you came from

I will not ask you

Neither should you

Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips

and we'll just kiss like real people do."

I could see the happiness in Josh's eyes and guessed he enjoyed my singing. I'm horrible at it though. He must find it amusing or something. Im not-

"You're really good at singing Alli. Maybe I could talk to someone about it." He said interrupting my thoughts. Wait, talk to someone? Like try to get me a job talk to someone? That would be amazing! I had always wanted to be a singer since I was little, but I wanted to earn it myself, but I need to stop over reacting. I might not even get a chance.

We pulled into target and I got out a carriage that's cool metal felt nice against my skin. We made our way into the school supplies section. The second I walked into that isle I wanted to turn and leave the store. Why the hell did he have to be here! I stood closer to Josh as we moved further down the racks of pencils and notebooks. I didn't want to see him until after vacation was over. No, I didn't want to see him ever.

I neared him and pretended to have my nose in my phone "texting" away.

Justin.

A/N

Sorry it took so long to update there are a lot more chapters to come. Thank you for 500 reads! Idk what to call my readers once I get to 1K. Leave suggestions for readers names, the plot, and what you think! Ily