Jades One-Shot Contest

eggheadJade Contest
[716 words]
[Zanvis/ Zane X Travis]
[To Good for me]

Travis walked into the small quaint flower store that a nice old lady owned. The store felt alive, the old lady put so much love and care into her work. It made it going into the store like a break from reality and life.

The woman greeted Travis with a sweet smile. Travis smiled back.

"Hello Sir. How may I help you today?" She asked, her voice was shaky and quiet. "We have many selections of flowers and gardening tools."

Travis shoved his hands in his pockets, fiddling with the last dew dollars and coins he has. "I'm looking for flowers."

The old woman nodded and formed her lips into an 'o.' She left the counter and guided Travis towards the vast choices of flowers. "Here you go young man. Your girlfriend is lucky to have you."

"Boyfriend." The white haired male corrected. "I have a boyfriend Mrs."

The old lady was embarrassed, her face turning red. "S-sorry!" She stuttered before shuffling away as fast as she could.

Travis laughed. This happened often whenever he wanted to get his boyfriend something special. Someone was always there to say "Your girlfriend is lucky to have someone who actually gets her gifts." And Travis always had to correct them.

"It needs to be perfect." The man spoke to himself while browsing the multiple options of flowers for his lover. He decided on Dahlia, a beautiful black and purple flower.

'Zane will love them.' Travis thought. He grabbed the flowers from the stand, careful not to ruin the beautiful peatels of the Dahlia. He patted down the peatels, straightening them, making them more organized and pretty.

Travis smiled. He often got his boyfriend big extravagant gifts, this one wasn't. Zane, wasn't like that. He liked the small moments and the simple gifts, not that he ever asked for a gift. No the less, he loved Zane and knew Zane would love the flowers.

"Hello again Sir!" The old woman who sat at counter now said, sitting  up straight. Giving her full attention to Travis as he walked up.

"Is this all?" She reached for the flowers with her wrinkly hands.

"Mhm!" Travis hummed, excited to get home to his boyfriend, Zane.

She wrapped the flowers in paper, scanning the paper with the flowers wrapped in it. "$3.50 please." She smiled ear to ear. Travis gave her the money he had left in his pocket, leaving with the flowers in his hands.

"He'll love it. I know it. . ."

~{Time Skip}~

Travis' walked down the pavement, only able to think of his lover and the big smile Zane will have plastered on his face when Travis' showed up to the door.

The thought made Travis smile himself. Zane, didn't smile much, when ever he did, it made the taller male smile with him. The way Zane's freckles and his face, or how his button nose scrunches up, or even how his eyes widen and glistened with happiness. Travis loved it.

He soon made it to his and Zane's shared house. "Zane!" Travis' voice echoed through the house as he opened the door and shouted the shorter males name.

Small pounding feet ran through the house like kids on Christmas morning.

Zane's small figure soon appeared in front of Travis. The taller male kissed Zane's cheek, a giddy smile on his face.

"Why are you so happy?"

"Me? Your the one who just ran through the house when you heard me."

"Whatever. . ." Zane crossed his arms, a little mad at himself for being so happy about Travis coming home.

"I have something for you, Zane!" Travis pulled the flowers from behind his back, showing the bouquet to Zane. "I hope you like them."

Travis watched as Zane moody expression turned happy and surprised. His mask twitched upwards, indicating he was smiling. "Thanks Trav. I love them." He took the flowers from Travis' hands.

Travis smiled at Zane for a minute, he couldn't stop. He loved seeing his boyfriend happy, it put joy in him. It made Travis happy to see Zane happy.

"I love you Zane."

"I love you too, Travy."

Travis caressed Zane's cheek and pulled down his mask. He leaned in and kissed Zane.

'You're to good for me, Travis. . .'

A/N: I can't write.