T W E N T Y N I N E

_________________________________________Garroth's POV

     "Hey, Gar!" Laurence called from behind me. "I'm here now!" He pointed a thumb at himself. He grabbed my shoulders, massaging them gently.

"Laur?" I chuckled. "What are you doing here? You just ditched my mom, brother and Dante."

"Me? You're the one who left first. I just followed you, Garroth."

"I'm just making sure Zane is fine."

"One-eye?" He scuffed. "I'm sure he's fine. Can we just go back, please?" Laurence pleaded to me, desperate to go back.

"You can go back. I'm sorry that I care about my family!" I raised my voice at him. "Zane is my baby brother, and if you don't like that... I... I can't be with you. I love my family-- Must of them..." My heart broke, and I'm guessing Laurence's broke into small pieces.

I didn't want to say that, or make it sound so mean, I don't know why it came out! I love him, and.. I can't be without him like I can't be with out my family!

"I- I didn't mean--"

He shushed me. "I know, Gar. I get it. But, I will go back to Olive Garden, you go see your brother. It's fine." He reassured me. His voice comforted me.

     "Okay, thank you, Laurence." I waved bye, still a little shaken from what I just told him. And now he is leaving, not forever, but I can't explain what I meant when he isn't here.

     We walked the opposite way. I headed to my brother's house and Laurence went back the way we came.

     I made it to my baby brothers front door.

     "I'm guessing he didn't lock--" I shook the door knob, jiggling it in my hand. "Zane--!" I fell forward on the ground. The door flung open, by Zane. "Hey, baby brother...!" I pushed myself up. Zane stood in front of me.

     He looked like his usual self. Black hair in front of his icy blue eye, black sweater that was a little over sized and his black mask. His house the same, so he wasn't robbed or hurt.

     "Are you okay, baby brother? Are you hurt?!"

"Why would I be hurt, Garroth? I'm completely fine. Go, now. I'm doing something." He pushed me back, and started to close the door.

"Wait, Zane!" I put my hand on the door, stopping him from closing it. "You really need to work out more, Zane."

He rolled his eyes. "What do you want? And, I don't need to work out. I'm fine." Zane snapped, he was very angry, very.

I feel like Zane doesn't know he can talk to me. He explained his feelings once, but then blocked me out of his life again! He never speaks up, never wants attention, never wants anyone to talk to him.

"Mommy is in town."

"I know that. I was the one who told you."

"She wants to see you! Me, Vylad, Dante and Laurence are all there!"

     He looked to his left, and then his right, his hand still on the door, ready to close it whenever he wants. Zane looked nervous.

     "Uh, yeah. I'm coming. I just need to get something..."

     Zane's coming! He didn't say no! That's surprising. "I will wait outside for you baby brother. Be quick."

     He ran up the stairs and vanished. He isn't even shut the door.

     I could go inside and explore... I bit my lip. I can't do that, can I? I frown because of that thought. I can't do that to Zane, explore his house without permission.

A/N: 590 words
*drops mike* Sorry mike
Mike: Its okay *thumbs up*