37

Yna's POV

I watched as Aly sleeps on her right side, enough for me to see her face as I opened the lights in her room. Naghihina ako. Yung mga tuhod ko na ayaw nang humakbang papalapit sa kanya.

I'm sorry Aly.

And my tears fell as I sat down on the floor near her bed, near where she is. Napaub-ob ako sa kama habang tahimik na umiiyak. Desidido na ako. Kailangan ko na munang patahimikin tong utak at puso ko. Kailangan ko na din munang lumayo sayo.

Aly moved and opened her eyes. Nagising ko siya. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked and hurriedly sat on the bed and reached my face. "Bakit ka umiiyak?" She wiped the tears on my face.

Umiling iling ako at sumampa na din sa kama. "Let's sleep?" I said and kissed her cheeks. She looked worried but smiled and lied down.

"Pag usapan na lang natin bukas?" she softly said and kissed my cheeks too. "Goodnight, I love you." and cuddle her way up and comfortably set herself to sleep.

"Good night...

Mahal kita..." and I said those words, my tears fell. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

--

To Aly:

I went back to Batangas. Kausapin ko lang si Dad. Let's talk later pag uwi nio nina Ate and Kuya.

Sent.

I was driving my way back to Batangas early in the morning, 4am, yes. I did not wake up Aly anymore to spare the explaining time. I have decided. I need to do something.

Hours of driving and I reached home. Hanging probinsya is the best. I inhaled and exhaled the fresh air in the place once I get off the vehicle.

"What brought you here, anak?" Salubong na bati sa akin ni Dad. I hugged him once I entered the house. He sighed.

-

In the veranda, Dad is critically thinking everything I had just said to him. "So Gwen, that pretty girl you're Kuya is head over heels with was your.. ex. I see. And you..and Aly okay..okay." ang seryoso niyang boses ay napalitan ng pagkalito. That deep voice he always has that changes through time still sent shivers to my being. Patatlong beses na niya akong binubuntungan ng paghinga.

I sadly looked at him.

"Gusto mong umalis kasi naguluhan ka sa tunay mong nararamdam kay Aly, dahil kay Gwen? Coz you don't want to hurt the girls' feelings more. That's complicated. And you want to run away? That was your solution?" he continued saying, like analyzing the situation and all. And that made me widen my eyes. Am I running away?

"I--I think not, dad. Hindi naman ako aalis to run away with this mess." I defended myself. "I just want to think things over. At tsaka Dad, ayoko na ding bumalik sa pagtuturo. I feel that there is something I want to do. I want to find out what is it. On my own. On my own phase." halos maubos yung hangin sa lalamunan ko. Tumango tango naman ang aking ama habang seryosong nakatingin sa akin. Pawis na pawis ako kahit ang lamig ng simoy nang hangin sa labas.

He looked at me intently. More serious that it made me anxious. Papayagan na ba niya ako?

"But you promised me you'd go back to teaching after a year." He then sipped his coffee. Lalong nanlamig ang kamay ko kaya hinawakan ko ang tasa nang kapeng barako na hinanda ni Tita Mari sa amin. I lowered my head, what will be my next words then?

"Dian, anak." tawag nito sa akin. Bumuntong hininga ulit siya at nakita ko ang paghawak sa sintido niya. Oh great. Sumasakit na naman ulo ng tatay ko sa akin.