12

January 7
Olivia's pov
Mom and dad came home that Wednesday, acting strangely around Ave and I. They said that they had something urgent to tell Avery and I tonight. They know about the breakup between Grayson and Avery. Avery and Grayson broke up on Monday, after Ave and I talked. She was actually okay with it. I still don't believe her when she says that he likes me. Mom and dad don't know that I was raped.

I haven't told anybody. Other than Nic. Nic was so nice! She bought me a snack and helped me process everything. We came up with a plan. I'm going to tell my parents tomorrow about it. We will then inform the police. I've been too scared to get the police involved, but now I will. I have butterflies in m stomach, every time I talk to my parents. Avery supports the plan.

Many people still stare at me in the halls. The whispers have died down. All I know is that the rumours aren't true. At least most of them. Some idiots believed that it was Grayson. Other idiots believed it was Nate. I've been really quiet since the incident. Not many people approach me. Only friends.

Grayson and I have gotten really close over the past week. Like really close. I'm not sure if we're dating or not. We act like we're dating. Holding hands, kissing and hugging. Many rumours are about us. He always walks me to class and cute crap like that.

I got out of my car and locked it. Snow was falling. The air was crisp. There was no blue sky in sight. All that was up there were light grey clouds. This is why I hate winter. I slowly made my way into the school, dreading all the stares. At least I'm late, so I have ten minutes less of stares. But now I have to go and get a late slip for the millionth time this year. I let out a sigh.

The receptionist handed me a clipboard to sign in on. The chick rolled her eyes at me as soon as I grabbed it from her, when she realized who I was. She placed a late slip beside me on the counter. I dropped the clipboard on the counter and walked out with the late slip.

"Hey babe," Grayson called from a few feet in front of me.
"Hey Gray," I hugged him. Grayson was wearing the schools gym strip. His shirt was dark blue and he had his black shorts on. They were both labelled West Morris.
"So, I have a little surprise for you at lunch," Grayson intertwined our hands together.
"Do you?" I cheekily asked.
"Yep," Grayson leaned against the wall.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I can't tell you," Grayson smirked.
"Why not, baby?" I pouted. Grayson gasped and put his hand over his heart.
"It's a secret," he pretended to be horrified, which could only last for a second. Grayson bursted out laughing.
"Come on! You know how much I hate surprises," I rolled my eyes.
"But your gonna love this one!" Grayson tapped my hand with his finger.
"Fine," I sighed and gave in.

"So, are you ready Grayson?" Alice asked. I sighed once again. Does everybody know except for me?
"Hell yeah," Grayson laughed.
"Come on guys. Tell me what's going on," I folded my arms.
"Okay, so Grayson is," Alice started and I smiled. "Just kidding. Not gonna tell you," Alice lightly tapped my nose and I rolled my eyes.
"Meet me in the cafeteria at lunch," Grayson kissed my cheek and walked away.
"Nice ass!" I called just before he turned the corner into the boys locker room. Grayson popped his butt out more and smacked it, then proceeded to open the door.
"Yeah, nice ass," Jasper mimicked. Grayson abruptly stopped and turned around. He bit his lip and winked at Jasper. Jasper squealed. Alice and I giggled. The girls around us had wide eyes.

The bell finally rung, but I had to ask the teacher a question. The secret kept from me was eating me alive. I ran to the cafeteria after dropping off my books. It was crowded I there. I spotted Grayson from across the cafeteria. His eyes met mine.
"Alright everyone!" Grayson shouted, making all heads turn to him. "Come up here baby. As you can see Olivia, this is the surprise," Grayson laughed. I made my way towards him. People gasped.
"What is this Gray?" I asked.
"Well, I had to do something special," Grayson pointed at a guy. The guy had a guitar. "Guys, this is super embarrassing. Don't judge," Grayson chuckled. The guitarist started playing.

"Many times I tried to tell you
Many times I cried alone
Always I'm surprised how well you cut my feelings to the bone
Don't want to leave you really
I've invested too much time to give you up that easy
To the doubts that complicate your mind," Grayson started singing. I started blushing, recognizing the song.

"We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better
We belong, we belong, we belong together
Maybe it's a sign of weakness when I don't know what to say
Maybe I just wouldn't know what to do with my strength anyway
Have we become a habit? Do we distort the facts?
Now there's no looking forward
Now there's no turning back
When you say
We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better
We belong, we belong, we belong together
Close your eyes and try to sleep now
Close your eyes and try to dream
Clear your mind and do your best to try and wash the palette clean
We can't begin to know it, how much we really care
I hear your voice inside me, I see your face everywhere
Still you say
We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better
We belong, we belong, we belong together
We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better
We belong, we belong, we belong together
We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder" Grayson finished.

He wasn't bad. I expected him to have a terrible voice, but it was actually good!
I started clapping. Everyone else followed.
"Nice job!" I laughed.
"Thanks! That was probably the most embarrassing thing that I have ever done I my life! Getting back to the surprise. Olivia, we know that we belong. I've known it since the day that I met you. So, Olivia Pine, will you give me the honour of being my girlfriend?" Grayson asked. All eyes were now on me.
"Yes!" I exclaimed. I pulled him closer to me. Our lips collided and moved in sync. My arms were wrapped around his neck and his arms snaked around my waist. Everybody was cheering and clapping.
Grayson Dolan? My boyfriend?
Yeah. He's all mine!