19

Olivia's pov
"Grayson!" I screamed, as his body toppled over, going limp. He hit the mat with a thump and slightly shook at the impact. I ran over.
"Grayson! C'mon Grayson," I panicked.
"Haha! Sike!" Grayson laughed and jumped up.
"You piece of shit!" I yelled. "I frickin had a heart attack!"
"Oh, baby," he cooed, slightly chuckling. I punched his arm.

May 31
That was about five months ago. Back in January. Now it's May. I remember times like that. Fun. Jokes. It felt like a dream. A good one... but there are also nightmares that come along.

I can still remember the day when my world came crashing down. March 29th.

Flashback
I ran through the rain, towards the Dolan's. It was pouring rain and windy. Goosebumps formed on my skin. A really cold breeze made me shiver as I rang the doorbell. I waited there for a minute. Five minutes. Ten minutes. That's when I turned around to leave. I glanced back at the house briefly. Grayson's light was on. I ran back to the door and pulled out their spare key from underneath rock. The metal was cold. My fingers started to go numb. I was shaking from the cold. My clothes and hair were soaked. I unlocked the door and stepped in. The door slammed behind me.
"Grayson?" I called. No response. I ran upstairs. The door was open a jar. A crack of light was pouring out of his room. I pushed it open, only to find an empty bedroom. A clean empty bedroom. He never leaves his light on.
"Grayson! Ethan!" I yelled, running around the house. Ethan's room was the exact same. Clean. My voice echoed through the empty house. After doing a full run around the house, I called him, but it went straight to voicemail.

I ran back to Grayson's room and sat down on his bed. I look around. All of his clothes are gone. I can hear my heart pounding through my chest. All of his belongings. I lay down. As I do, I hear crinkling underneath me. I shoot off the bed and remove the pillow. A letter laid in front of me. It read Olivia.
I quickly open it, cutting myself on the envelope.

Dear Olivia,
Hey. It's me, Grayson. Grayson Dolan. Yeah, your boyfriend. As you see, all of my stuff is gone. Everything is gone. And that includes me.
The day I met you, I knew that you were special. I could feel it. My heart would beat faster every time I saw you. When we made eye contact for the first time, my heart skipped a beat. You look at me like no other person has. The day that you introduce yourself, time froze. I know that your special.
I am so sorry for doing this. I made a promise to myself, that I would never hurt you in anyway... but now I've broken that promise. I've hurt you by doing this. I've broken your heart.
Right now, Ethan and I are probably on a plane. Ethan and I are moving to L. A. Please don't tell our parents. You might be asking yourself, "why?"
Well, they aren't who you think they are. You think that their sweet, selfless, happy, grateful, patient, and kind. I can tell you, they're not. Almost opposite. They are harsh, selfish, angry, rude and fake. I should have wrote this earlier, GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!
I can't have them finding this letter. If they do, they'll have the police looking for us. Ethan and I wrote them a letter too. Not telling them where we're headed.
But back to why we're leaving. This will further our careers. Give us our own future. Not what our parents want. I really hope you understand.
You are strong. You are brave. You are kind. You are beautiful. You are intelligent. You are selfless. You are caring. You are loved. You are Olivia Brooklyn Pine.
I have never felt so happy in my entire life. You created a happy man. You inspired him. You gave him a reason.
I left you my sweater in the top left drawer of your dresser, along with a cd. Please listen to it. Those songs mean a lot to me.
Ethan and I have been planning this for the past few months. Now is the time where I leave you. He's even calling me from downstairs. I have to go. Please don't be sad. Please don't cry. I'll see you soon. I'll call you later.
I love you. I love you Olivia,
Grayson.

A/n: good news! The sequel will be up tomorrow!