14

Olivia's pov
I blankly stared at my plate in front of me. "We know you two were dating and broke up, but we believe that you two will get us the furthest in our companies. It will be called The Dolan and Pine company," mom smiled at each one of us. I quickly swallowed the lasagna in my mouth and smacked my fork on the table.
"This is bullshit!" I yelled and stormed away.
"Olivia Elizabeth Pine! Get back here and sit down!" My mom yelled. I ignored her and walked up to my room. I slammed the door and locked it.

No. This can't be happening. No. Without noticing, I started to pace around my room.
I heard a knock on my door.
"It's me," Dad called from the other side of the door. I unlocked the door.
"What's wrong?" He gently asked.
"You can't let this happen! Grayson and I are dating!" I cried. Dads mouth formed an o. He hugged me and I hugged back.
"Shh, shh. I'll see what I can do. I'm going to talk to them and send Grayson up. Okay?" Dad asked. I nodded. He left and soon enough, Grayson walked into my room.
"Hey Olivia, are you alright?" Grayson calmly asked, but still looked like he had just seen a ghost.
"Yeah. I'm okay. I just kinda freaked out down there," I sighed. Grayson kissed my forehead.
"What does this mean for us?" He asked.
"I have no idea. I guess we're just gonna have to wait," I muttered and pulled him into a hug. I could hear muffled voices yelling at each other. I rested my head on his chest. The only thing I could hear was his strong heartbeat. He smelled fresh and was warm. Grayson is very calming.
"We should go see what's happening down there," I sighed. He nodded. We walked downstairs.
"Grayson and Avery are very diligent. Grayson is already going into business and Avery is going to take over the company anyways! Olivia has no plans of what she wants to do!" My mom yelled at my dad. Lisa and Sean quietly sat at the table and watched them.
"What about Ethan?" Dad asked.
"He could actually take business. There is no reason that he couldn't and he's been looking into it anyways," Sean explained.
"Do we have an agreement? Ethan and Avery?" Mom asked and held up her hand.
"Yes," Lisa and Sean said in unison. Lisa took her hand and shook it.
"Wait! You can't be serious!" Ethan exclaimed. Avery blankly stared at mom. "Why not Grayson and Olivia?" Ethan asked.
"Like she said, Avery is going to take over part of the company already," his mom explained. Ethan stormed out of the house. I know how he feels. Not exactly, but I know the emotions running through his head. Anger, sadness, and feeling trapped.

I wandered over to Ave after a few seconds of processing.
"Hey Ave," I whispered and sat on the chair next to Avery.
"Why? Why would they do this to us?" Avery silently asked.
"I don't know. For the company I guess," I muttered.
"So the companies more important than us?" She huffed. "Who are you to have a say in who I'm marrying?!" Avery yelled at mom.
"This is for the companies sake. Your plans were to take it over anyways. It's been your dream since you were five," mom calmly explained.
"But marriage? Who would do this to their own daughter?" Avery stood up and ran upstairs.
"This is a mess," dad sighed. Nobody made a move or sound for a while. Ethan trudged in through the front door.
"I'll do it. For the companies sake. But I'm going to warn you now. Avery and I hate each other. This may very well not work out. If it doesn't, don't blame it on me. I'll try my best," Ethan crossed his arms. Lisa walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you so much Ethan! I know you'll do your best. Don't worry if it doesn't work," Lisa whispered in his ear, so my mom and Sean wouldn't hear.

Just when I thought this night couldn't get any worse, Avery stomped down the stairs. With a bag.
"Avery! Where are you going?" My mom asked.
"Anywhere but here," she stormed out of the house. I immediately texted her.

Olivia: Meet me at our park. I'll be there in five
Avery: Why?
Olivia: I'm coming with you...

A/n: Hey guys! Hope your day is going well! I have an important question... What do you guys want to happen in this story?
I would love your input on it! I have some ideas planned out, but I would love to know what you want to happen!

Happy Mother's Day!