driving with josh

josh sat in his car. he was tapping his foot out of pure nervousness. his head was resting on his steering wheel as he stared at his beat up vans.

tyler has nice shoes. you don't.

"shut up" josh hissed to his voice.

just the thought of tyler being in the same car as him (his car, even) made him want to hide very far away from everyone. but at the same time it made him want to jump and squeal.

josh lifted his head and looked up at the kids streaming out of the school doors. there he was! there was tyler. tyler put his hand over his face to block the sun and a small smile appeared when he spotted josh's car. he started walking over.

josh's foot tapped faster with every step tyler got closer.

"hey!" tyler said as he swung the door open.

josh smiled. "hey,  how was your day?"

tyler stuffed his backpack under the dash. "meh, it was okay. you?"

josh turned the keys and pulled out of the parking lot. "my day was... okay i guess."

"you guess?"

"i don't know..." josh scratched the back of his head. "just stuff you know?"
they were getting close to josh's house. thank god, josh didn't want this car ride to be awkwardly silent.

"no i don't know. tell me." tyler cuddled his knees to his chest.

josh laughed at tyler's position. "i didn't know basketball players sat like that."

"this one does." tyler said proudly. "to be honest, basketball-"

"we're here!" josh said, pulling into his driveway. they hopped out of the car and into the house.

//
um i hope you don't mind but i changed the style of the writing, like no capitals bc im too lazy and more spaces. lmao cool carry on.