what do i put here lol

no.

no.

no.

no.

josh rifled his hands through his hair. the world slowed, and not in the good kind of way like when he had kissed tyler. in the bad kind of way where he felt like he couldn't stand anymore, where his vision spun and he felt sick. he heard a muted siren, but mainly all josh heard was his own heavy breathing. he was looking at the grass, so green.

as his eyes travelled across the grass, the grass turned dark crimson with tylers blood.

tyler's blood.

josh choked. "no, no. no, no, no,"

he saw the doctors rush out to the field, and hold tylers wrist.

josh read one of their lips.

they said

"we have a pulse." josh breathed out.

he was alive.

they placed his body on a gurney, and strapped on eight seatbelts over his legs, arms, chest and waist. they carried him into the back of the ambulance and sped off.

josh was staring at the spot where tyler once was. staring at the bloody grass, and the matted down parts where he had been lying.

at home, josh wouldn't stop staring at himself in the mirror. he was sitting criss cross in front of his full length, analyzing his face.

bzzt

his phone was rattling and ringing with a call, so he picked it up and pressed it to his ear.

"hello?"

"hi, joshua. this is tylers-" she choked on her words at his name. "this is tylers mom."

"hi, mrs. joseph."

"yeah so, tyler-" sob "won't let anyone visit him, uh, except you."

a pang went through josh's chest.

"at first i was mad, but now i just wanna make sure he's okay so can you stop by the hospital and visit him for us?" she sobbed.

"yes, of course." josh said dryly.

"thank you. bye joshua."

"bye mrs. jo--" she hung up. josh's eyes were tired and droopy from crying and he wanted to cry more but he didn't have any more tears.

josh slowly got some nice clothes on, and combed his hair. he made it soft and fluffy so that tyler would want to pet it. he wrote a long, long letter to tyler. he stopped by the florists and bought a dozen roses.

and now he was at the hospital. sitting in his car in the parking lot, staring blankly at the blatant front door.

he grabbed the roses and the card and walked in.

there he was, with stitches all up his arm, lying in his thin bed.

it was then that it really hit him how skinny tyler was. his arms were like twigs, but twigs with red blood stains. he looked as if he couldn't lift a thing without snapping. this made josh increasingly more protective of him.

little tyler. so scared. so hurt.

and josh broke down in tears crying, because there was tyler and he loved him so much. and he didn't want him to get hurt and he didn't want him to cry and he did not want tyler to die.

"hi josh." he said weakly.