cereal

joshua couldn't sleep that night.

he had taken tyler home, dried him off, changed him into pajamas and kissed him goodnight.

kissed him.

he had waited in tylers doorway until he heard ty's soft snoring, and quietly crept out of the house.

joshua's mind was racing. what would happen at school the next day? would everything be the same? would they be "together"? would tyler break up with amee?

all he could think about was tyler. josh didn't remember even trying to fall asleep, but what seemed like seconds after midnight, josh's alarm was going off. 7 am.

josh didn't know how long he'd slept, but it couldn't have been too long. nevertheless, josh got dressed and headed downstairs.

his mom seemed to be in a good mood at breakfast.

she sat down and handed josh a plate of bacon. he didn't touch it.

he glanced over at his mom shifting through tv channels. she sipped her coffee.

"honey, eat." she said absentmindedly.

"mom..."

"yes dear?"

"what if i was, um, not attracted to women?"

"honey. i don't care who you love. as long as you're happy."

"really?" josh asked.

"really." she kissed his forehead. "i'm going to get dressed for work now. eat!"

josh placed the bacon in the dog bowl, and happily poured himself a bowl of cereal.