Chapter 32

Demi's POV

They allowed me to go, seeing as I was better. I was in a wheelchair and so I couldn't reach or go places I would normally if I were able to stand.

As soon as I had got out of my ward, I wheeled up to the reception area and tried to talk. Of course, I couldn't reach up to see the woman on desk, so I just waved my hands frantically in the air, making sure that they were over the top of the wooden platform. “What.” Said the rude receptionist. “Where's my child?” I asked, “What child.” She asked tiredly, “Jessie, Jessie Lovato.” I confirmed, she started singing – terribly may I add – Room 5 ward 2 she cheerfully said... well, that was as cheerful as she could make it. I let without saying anything more.

I wheeled into Jessie's room to see her lying there, her tiny chest barely even rising and falling, but when it did, it was weak. She looked fragile, just lying there. I went straight to her bedside and took her hand in mine, being careful not to tangle or pull out any of the wires that were pinned into her. I pulled her sleeves up to reveal new, red cuts. I allowed a tear to slip out my eye as I traced every cut, each stroke causing a rapid shiver to slide down my spine. I hear the door start to open, so I quickly slid her sleeve down. “Ah Miss... Lovato.” He stated, doing that weird thing that every doctor does, you know, that 'perch the glasses back and pretend to look through papers' thing. “Yeah?” I weakly said, my voice cracking slightly at the thought of him saying my baby was going to die. “Jessie is unstable and will need a lot of help to stay alive and wake up... In other words, she's in a coma.” By the time he even said the word 'coma' I was holding back a wall of tears. He walked out without saying anything else. My baby was in a coma, and it was all my fault. I should have listened to my gut feeling and stopped... I'm so stupid. “Please, baby, I know you might not be able to hear me, but if you can, please wake up, I love you so so much, it's all my fault you are like this, laying in a bed in the hospital.” I sniffled back the tears, “Please wake up, I'm sorry Jessie, I love you more than you ever know!!” I cried uncontrollably.

Jessie's POV

I slowly came back to reality, and heard someone speaking in my room, it was Demi! “Please, baby, I know you might not be able to hear me, but if you can, please wake up, I love you so so much, it's all my fault you are like this, laying in a bed in the hospital.” She sniffled back the tears, “Please wake up, I'm sorry Jessie, I love you more than you ever know!!” I tried to pry open my eyes, but they wouldn't budge...