Chapter 34

*Jessie's POV*

I was floating through an empty tunnel, although I could see a light at the end. I remember what my best friend said to me before she died, before she committed suicide. "What if the light at the end of the tunnel is a train? Coming to kill you? Coming to ruin your life all before you can escape?" But it was true, what if that light was a train? I couldn't stop myself though, the light kept on getting bigger and brighter, but I couldn't stop. The ground beneath my feet kept on moving and I couldn't dig my heels in to at least slow it down...

As soon as I did get to the end though, I saw my best friend. Wait, my best friend?! That was impossible, she was long gone, she had been dead for 5 years!! I must've been hallucinating, but she came up to me as soon as my feet touched the floor, more like cloud. It was all white, everything, every little speck of dust that surrounded me. I was cut out of my train of thought by my friend taking a hold of both my hands, Kayla, her name was. “Kayla... What's happening?” I asked, starting to shake. “Jessie, you're at the half way point, you have to make a decision.” Kayla answered, now holding tighter, “I.... I don't understand!” I cried as she looked at me, “Do you want to live, to live you life to the fullest?” She asked me, “Yes, but I don't want to be without you Kayla!!” I cried, sobs racking my body, “I won't go without you!” I said, I was sure of it. “But Jessie, I made my choice, I was selfish and I wanted to leave!” She said to me. “But so do I!” She pulled me in, engulfing me in a hug. “You have to make a decision now, Jessie.” Kayla said, “I... I don't know... What do you say?” I trusted her, she was my best mate, she was my lifeline. “Yes, you should live and I will watch over you. Every day and night, everything you do...” She paused, rolling my sleeves up, and then continued, tracing my scars with the fingers, “And I want you to recover.” She simply said. “I... I'll try my best.” I replied. “So..?” She asked me, waiting for an answer, “Yes. I'll go back.” I said, although I was still unsure. “Good.” She said, I started to walk away when suddenly she came running back to me, embracing me in the biggest hug possible and taking my arms, kissing each and every scar. “I love you.” She said, and then turned and walked away. I couldn't help it and I started crying, then everything, again, went black.

_________________________________________________________________________________

So is Jessie dead, will she make it back in time? What will happen? Stay tuned to seeeeee! xx