prologue//guide

in a world where colour defines the person only one stands out. dan howell

within this world each child is born into a family. that family may be green, blue, or even yellow but if the mother father is unfaithful and cheated then the child is splattered with the colour of the person cheated with. for example if you were born into a red family, but your dad cheated with someone black then your primary colour would be red but you'd be spotted with black.

the colour isn't the colour of your skin, it defines what colour clothes you can wear and your social status. each person has to carry an official colour card everywhere they go, so cashiers can check what they buy for the correct colour coordination. lying about your colour is considered a huge crime and can cost you your life in prison. here's a small guide for you to visit throughout the book to remind you of how each colour acts.

red: powerful; usually bad tempered. typical red jobs include business owners and professional fighters/athletes

orange: basic; typical every day people. typical orange jobs are shop owners in your local downtown.

yellow: kind; helpful people. usually nurses or work with the elderly.

green: cultured; nature involved people. typically farmer/agricultural workers.

blue: intelligent; higher level thinkers. most doctors, college professors, and lawyers are blue.

purple: wealthy; these are the kids that think they run the show because of their parents money. they're stuck up, upper-class people. even the president is purple.

white: pure; religious people. whites are usually pastors or missionaries

black: mysterious; they are never set in stone. blacks are random in a crowd and always a black sheep or sore thumb.

pink: beautiful; talented people most celebrities are pink. any pink human that doesn't end up famous has an artsy job like fashion designer or makeup artists

with all these colours you'd think dan couldn't possibly be different, but he is. dan isn't one of these colours, he's all. his family is white and after many tests it was apparent that neither of his parents cheated. he is just every colour. no one has any explanation, he just is. doctors have ran numerous tests and dan suited every colour. he was a colour splash. obviously this has caused dan many problems. and that is how it all began.

a.n// ahh you guys i'm so hype for this book. i hope you guys love it. i've recently cut the tip of my thumb, on my dominant hand, off and find it difficult to type. so if i update slow, that's the reason why. also, the epilogue of Be My Remedy is coming soon. i promise! - jo🖤🔮