seven

high quality music buzzed as the background for two little boys who couldn't stop laughing.

phil sat in dan's rolling chair, in pink jeans that hugged his skinny legs perfectly.

dan was sitting on his bed, tying the red converse on with fumbling fingers. dan looked over at phil and instantly broke into uncontrollable laughter.

phil giggled in response, "what is so funny to you, howell?" phil couldn't contain his strain of laughs.

"we look like bloody idiots, phil!" dan snorted, falling back onto his duvet.

"no! we look, well, you look bloody adorable."

dan pushed a stray curl out of his face and adjusted his red and yellow sweatshirt.

winnie the pooh and piglet; cutest friendship duo ever.

the party was blaring.

a large house dan had never been in, filled with music he did not know, nor like, and swarming with people who hated him. that was the equivalent of a great time.

dan felt a steady hand take his.

"don't look so nervous, you're fine. nothing will happen."

before dan knew it, he was in a crowded living room, surrounded by dancing teenagers. the majority of them didn't see dan. those who did, didn't seem to realize it was him. goes to show you that they only care about your colour.

"phil! you made it!" some guy exclaimed.

dan noticed him as michael, a red from the senior class. he was a prick; he objectified girls and would sleep with anyone if it meant a good time.

"and..you...brought....someone?"

"well, your invite said plus however many i pleased, so i picked him. is that an issue?"

"yeah, a little-"

phil interrupted, "them im sure you would've put it on your invite, yeah?"

michael looked taken back by phil's rebellion.

"well, i-i just didn't expect you to bring...him."

dan felt his eyes welling up.

don't cry right now.

"and i didn't expect to see you down here dancing and not banging someone upstairs. guess we're both shocked, eh?"

michael scoffed and stormed away with a chain of insults that phil didn't even bother.

dan noticed that phil was shaking ever so slightly.

"hey, hey. it's okay! you stood up for me. that's the best thing you could've done." he watched as a shaky smile spread across phil's lips.

someone danced by and handed phil two solo cups. whatever was in them reeked of liquor.

phil winked and tossed the cup back. dan's stomach lurched as he lifted the glass to his lips. although smooth, the liquid stung as it slid down the back of his throat, like the venom of a snake.

"small sips," dan coughed to himself; a gentle reminder that dan was, and always will be, a lightweight. "what exactly was that?" dan choked, swallowing another tiny mouthful. the sting almost felt good, like the zap of an electric charge.

"not too sure," phil shrugged, "maybe vodka?"

that was a good enough excuse for dan to give in, and force the rest of it down his throat.