ten

whoever said love isnt necessary was oh-so wrong. even something as simple as a kiss pulled all of phil's doubts together, and made them vanish.

"that..was, uh-" dan mumbled, once he and phil had pulled away from each other's lips.

"really perfect." phil finished, brushing his fingers across dan's warm cheeks.

"yeah, perfect."

it felt like the world stopped. almost like the moon and the stars froze to watch two boys become one. and they were most certainly happy with what they saw, because on that december night, the stars shone brighter than ever before.

capture.

that's what phil wished he could do with this moment; capture it and never let it go, relive it everyday. to see dan look so content for once, so far away from the insecurities that clouded his beautiful mind. that was what phil wanted, happiness for the both of them...together.

"i want you to know something else too, dan."

dan looked up from the blanket that he was softly petting to meet phil's gaze.

"i'm not the only one who accepts you. there are more people out there like me, but more often than not, they're too scared to do anything about it."

dan shut his eyes in thought. "how do you know?"

"because i know some of them, danny boy. dallas is one of them. he set all this up for me. he doesn't care that your different, he's happy that you make me happy." phil breathed, holding onto this moment while he could. "talia, from my second period, the green, she told me once when we were younger that she only takes colour into consideration because society has forced her to."

dan felt tears pricking his eyes. but they weren't entirely sad tears, more so, touched tears. why had phil waited until now to tell him this?

"you don't have to believe me, but more people than you think, really don't care about colour. not everyone is an animalistic demon trying to prey on the weak. some of us are just too scared to become the weak by saying something."

phil felt instant regret; he let the moment slip. and he knew it, once dan started crying.

"awh, dan, please no. i didn't want this to make you cry! i wanted it to make you happy- god i'm so stupid!"

"no-no. it's okay, it's really happy tears." dan sniffled, reassuring phil with a small hug. "happy tears."

phil hugged dan back, kissing the top of dan's curly hair.

"i don't get like this usually." phil began, causing dan to perk up. "but, somehow you've got me trapped by my feelings, dan. i typically run from feelings and commitment; running away into the night. and somehow, someway, you make me want to stop running, and walk. i am deeply in love with you, dan. everything about you. from your freckles, to your hair, to that smile of yours, god it sounds cheesy and fake but it's true. i love you more than this park, and that's saying a lot daniel."

dan soaked this up, this feeling. he was a sponge, taking in everything that he could, so that maybe when he was sad he could push this feeling out and make himself happy again.

"hey phil?" dan trailed on, drawing small hearts on phil's chest with his finger tips. "what am i to remember you by?"

"what?"

"what am i to remember you by?" he questioned. "you said you'll remember me by this park, what do i remember you by?"

"the night sky." phil declared, jumping slightly when dan's "drawing" tickled his skin.