four

just two towns over stood a beautiful cafe that was truly something from the dreams of an astrologer.

hey, moon cafe

it was quant but stunning.

hey, moon was astrology based. the outside was a shiny white marble with crystal clear glass windows. from the ceiling hung paper-mâché galaxies and planets. all the drinks were of galactic names and resembled depictions of space.

phil sat at one of the tables, staring at its glossy black base, littered with stars and glitter. he wore a black hoodie with a black print on it. it was an astronaut vacuuming the stars. his skinny jeans were also black, complimented with classic black and white vans.

"sir, can i help you?"

phil looked calmly out a window.

"uh, no ma'am. not yet. i'm waiting for someone"

the waitress with the name tag that read 'jupiter' smiled and walked away.

just then, the door swung open and in walked daniel, wearing a spacial shirt covered in rainbow milky-ways. this was accentuated by torn black jeans, and white converse. after days of begging, dan has left his hair curly for once.

looking stunning, and adorable as ever, dan walked sheepishly to the table phil was at.

"looking so pretty for a simple coffee talk with me?" he complimented, smirking at how quickly dan's cheeks turned pink.

"much to talk about, haven't we, philip?" dan tsked.

dan ordered a venus frappe, caramel vanilla swirl.

"where do i even begin?" dan pondered, "ah, yes..first of all...how?"

phil tilted his head to the left, "how..what?"

after phil's question, their waitress brought dan's drink to him.

slowly, dan stirred his cosmic frappe, looking up at phil in his black clothes. he felt sick.

"how do you do this? this act? you know if you get busted, you're stuck in jail forever!"

something in phil fell a little. he sighed and looked downwards at the table.

"i know dan, but i can't turn back now."

"if you don't, the only way you'll leave the penitentiary is in a wooden box!" dan exclaimed, keeping his voice low so that only phil could hear.

"it's been three years since i switched my colour, only you and my buddy dallas know, so don't cop me out!" phil demanded, biting his tongue.

"no one at school pays any mind to anyone's colour except mine, you have to go back. please, for your safety." dan pleaded, keeping his eyes locked on phil's.

"dan, you're not thinking about my feelings right now. you're being selfish!"

in that moment, something in dan snapped.

he'd been called many names before.

unloved, pride flag, rainbow, gay boy, queer-oh, a mistake, and far, far worse. but one thing he's never been called is selfish.

if anything, he was the complete opposite of the word. he was a very selfless person. dan cared more about others than he did about himself. most solely because he isn't happy with the way he is. daniel felt as if everyone was above him. due. to. his. colour.

the word selfish coming from phil lester, was the biggest insult he'd ever received.

"did you just call me selfish?"