seventeen

it happened

it broke

the events still replayed in phil's mind. everything leading up to this moment, the past two weeks, were racing through his mind as he sat on his bed. he remembered it all too well.

"dan, please be mine?"

"no."

"dallas curtis, you're under arrest."

"curtis, you are now a free man, thanks to your friend."

"i can't do this phil, i cannot do this."

phil gasped at the top of his lungs as he drew himself out of his thoughts. tears were streaming down his face like mini rivers. he kept on trying to sort out what happened, and where everything went wrong.

monday of week one, where dallas got arrested for physical assault on michael?

thursday of week one where phil bailed dally out of jail and thought everything was fine?

tuesday of week two when phil formally asked daniel to be his, also when dan said no and insisted that they spend some time apart?

wednesday of week two when dallas and phil got into a terrible argument which resulted in dallas punching a hole through his wall?

or, friday of week two when phil was informed that dallas curtis no longer had a beating heart?

no matter how hard and tirelessly phil strained and fought to keep everything together, it continued to fall apart. everything just shattered around him like a vase hitting a concrete floor.

dan wouldn't answer him, dallas was no longer alive, and phil had no one.

he hadn't been to school in a few days. it was now thursday of the week after dally died, tomorrow would be seven days without dallas curtis on the earth. phil had skipped everyday this week.

phil should have known. he should've known something was wrong. he should've been there, sitting on dally's couch while drinking the off brand cream sodas dally used to buy him. dallas should be alive.

dallas curtis was always stuck in a rock between a hard place. he grew up a foster child, in and out of different homes. each home he was tossed to, he began to behave worse and worse. then, he landed somewhere that was determined to keep him. sadly, neither of the parents were ever home, and dallas decided it would be easier if he became his own guardian. so he did. he got a decent job that gave him enough money to rent out a small, kinda shitty, apartment, and some groceries to keep himself afloat. he had a bad temper, and he never let anyone tell him what he could and couldn't do. dallas always got what he wanted. if he wanted to kick someone's ass, he did it. if he wanted to drink in bars at age sixteen, he did it. and apparently, dallas curtis wanted to be dead, because he got that too.

phil remembered the fight like it was yesterday.

so that's it lester? you're going to give up on him because he wants to wait before dating you?