nineteen

phil decided to surprise dan, and drop by early. he brought dan his favorite food, and a latte from hey, moon.

when phil knocked on the door, adrien answered, but there was a taller boy behind him. he had messy light purple hair in a pixie cut, sides shaved down a bit. he wore a large fall out boy shirt that was way too big for him, and tight skinny jeans. adrien was beaming when he opened the door.

"oh, hi phil!" adrien chirped, seemingly happier than he'd ever been. "oh, this is alex. alex, this is my brother's boyfriend, phil." adrien stated, stepping to the side so alex could shake phil's hand.

phil chuckled, taking the boy's hand. "i'm not his boyfriend, yet. but, hi, it's nice to meet you'll alex."

"nice to meet you too." he said, and his voice was higher than phil would've thought.

"dan is upstairs, you're early, it's only ten." adrien said matter-of factly.

"i know i am. i brought him his favorite food, wanted to surprise him before the show." phil blushed, looking up the stairs that lead to dan's room. he started to walk but he turned around and looked at adrien and alex. "boys too, adrien? i guess the howell's have one thing straight, their kids aren't." phil laughed, winking at adrien, who blushed and fell a little closer to alex. alex instantly started laughing, fluffing his purple hair around once he was done.

phil then turned away and walked up the stairs to dan's room. from behind the door phil could hear dan talking to himself.

"for these reasons and more, 'as you like it' is arguably william shakespeare's best work. it encompasses the art of-" dan stopped himself and started mumbling things along the lines of 'you sound so dumb, dan' and 'why do i have to present this!'

that's when phil walked in.

dan shot his head up to the door instantly, like he was on alert for someone to come in. when he saw phil, he relaxed a bit.

"oh, well you're very early." dan said, standing up from his bed and walking to hug phil.

"oh." phil sighed when dan hugged him tightly, and didn't let go for a long period of time. "need a hug, eh?"

"mmhmm." dan breathed, burying his head in phil's neck.

phil shuffled to dan's desk to set the food and drink down so he could hug dan back properly.

"i brought you something, danny." phil hummed, running his hand through dan's hair.

"mm, i don't care. i just wanna stay like this forever."

"okay." phil chuckled, relaxing into dan's arms slowly.

finally, dan pulled away and cupped phil's face with his hands.

"hi there pretty boy." phil teased, winking at dan.

dan blushed and veered his head to the right, noticing the gifts phil brought him.

"you went all the way to hey, moon for me?" dan awed, reaching out to the venus frappe on his desk. he wrapped his slender fingers around it and took a long sip. "thank you, thank you so much." he whispered, sitting down on his bed.

"of course, danny boy. it was nothing." phil assured, sitting next to dan softly. "so, adrien has a..friend?"

"oh, alex. yeah, he's adrien's lover boy."

"okay." phil smiled, blushing at dan's features. "is alex...uh, is alex trans?" phil said, but then he got jumpy. "not to be rude, i'm just curious."