eleven

everything was overwhelming.

i do love you, phil

no, you're not stupid

was that the truth? probably not. dan didn't love phil, he's just lonely. he's overwhelmed by the fact that someone could ever be infatuated with him.

the sun that morning was bright, almost as if it were mocking phil's dreary mood. birds were chirping, wind was blowing ever-so slightly. this day was beautiful, and should've been spent cherishing it's beauty at the park. phil would've done as so, if he wasn't wallowing in how much he hated life. he was wrapped up in his green and blue duvet, trying to ignore his phone buzzing with dan's name.

danny boy💕😁 : phil, please answer me. i'm worried now.

danny boy💕😁 : phil! what the fuck man, all i want to do is try and help you. is that so bad?

danny boy💕😁 : i'm not trying to be childish, if that's why you're ignoring me. i'm genuinely concerned. answer me, phil.

danny boy💕😁 : why? why do you do this???

phil rolled over and curled into a ball. it was sometime close to eleven-forty five, when his mum came into his room.

"phil, it's time to get up. you'll waste the day away if you sleep any later." she cheered, scurrying over to phil's bedside and pulling the blankets off of his pale body. "sweetie, are you feeling okay? you look awful."

"no, i'm feeling kinda sick today, mum." phil confessed. it wasn't a total lie, he did feel like a truck had rammed into his chest. "my head hurts, and my chest feels kinda tight." he groaned, rolling over to look up at his mum and appear sicker.

"i'll make you some soup, you stay in here and rest, alright?" mrs. lester stated, rubbing phil's shoulder, and tucking him back under the covers before leaving his room.

once again, his phone buzzed.

danny boy💕😁 : why are you making this difficult? oh my god. you can't do this. if i did this, you'd be on my doorstep, pissed off over me being stubborn.

resiliently, phil opened his phone and answered dan's many messages.

phil : i'm fine. i just don't feel good. all i wanna do is sleep, cry, and punch my fist through a wall :/

message read at eleven-fifty six a.m

three dots appeared below phil's message, and he knew dan would have a stroke over him answering..finally

danny boy💕😁 : thirty five years later, you finally answer me. wish i could come comfort you :,(. if only your mum wouldn't shoo me away while screaming "be gone satan!" lol

phil ran his hand up and down the side of his phone as he re-read dan's message a few times.

phil : i wish you could come over here too. you should come, just wear a jacket and cover your teeshirt.

message read at twelve-zero one p.m

phil : or just show up and i'll tell my mum to get over it. that works for me too.

danny boy💕😁 : you're losing your mind, lester. get some rest. i'll find a way to come see you.

message read at twelve-ten p.m

phil : whatever. if you do, that's great. if you don't, that's great too. i'll feel better soon. my mum is having a new years party, we'll have a good time before school starts again. i promise ❤️