Maybe

ANTHONY

If looks could kill then I'm already dead.

Abbie just sat there and stared at me like I'm an extinct animal. Hindi makapaniwala ang mukha nito. Iniisip siguro nito na napakabobo ko.

I'm a very confident guy but seeing her staring at me like that made me feel insecure. I've never felt this way before. Not with any girl.

"Car accident," ang sagot niya. Pagkatapos ay bumaling sa kanyang pagkain.

Napakasarap ng baby ribs na dala niya pero parang hindi naman siya kumakain. Tila pinaglalaruan lamang nito ang laman ng kanyang plato.

She took a small bite and then looked at me. Hindi ko alam kung bakiit pero napalukso ang puso ko nang tumingin siya sa akin.

She might be hiding behind a pair of eyeglasses but her eyes were too expressive.

Sanay ako sa mga babaeng naloloka sa akin. Mga babaeng isang tingin ko lang ay bumibigay na. Pero iba si Abbie. She seems to be immune to my charms. Hindi tumatalab ang mga ngiti ko. I'm even half naked here but she's not a bit affected.

Siguro dahil sa hitsura ko. Maybe she doesn't like my beard. There are girls who like men with beards. Maybe she likes clean and shaven guys.

Hindi naman siya dating ganito, ah. I can't remember if she was like this in high school. Pero ang alam ko palagi akong sinusundan nito.

"Really? I'm sorry to hear that. When did it happen?" I continued to ask. I'm really curious about what happened to her.

"About five years ago...high school graduation. I was with my friends when the accident happened."

"So, you can't remember anything?"

Napailing ito.

"I can't remember anything before the accident. All my memories were erased. From the day I was born up until the accident."

I felt bad for her. Siguro ay nahihirapan siya sa sitwasyon niya.

"It must be hard not remembering anything or anyone."

"Yes, it's hard, " sagot niya She looked straight at me like she's trying to read my mind.

She looks so sexy! Her face was so pretty and her eyes so expressive. Why didn't I notice her before?

"Did you get any help to get your memories back?"

"Yes. I have a psychologist who helps me." Then she stared at me again.

I stared back. For a few moments, we were staring at each other. Something made her feel uncomfortable. Hindi ko alam kung ano pero napatingin siya sa malayo.

"Are you done eating?"

"Yes, thanks. The food was great."

She stood up and started clearing the plates and the utensils. I just sat there looking at her.

"Do you want me to do your laundry, too? Do you have a washing machine here?" she asked while putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

"Uhm...I think there's a washing machine here but you don't need to do the laundry. Just bring it to the laundry mat tomorrow."

Hindi siya sumagot. Nakatingin ito sa kanyang relos.

"Can I stay here for a while? The traffic is heavy at this hour. It might take me a few hours to reach home."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's almost 7 PM," she answered.

Crap! I promised Jacob I'd Skype him.