Regret

Emma's POV

For the next few weeks, I've been bullied countless times for my struggles. The main bullies were Graham and Will. Jefferson had done it a few times too, but not nearly as much as those two. Many other people, who I don't even know have also been bullying me. I have no idea how the information got to them. Am I that "popular?"

All I could feel is regret. Regret that I hadn't accepted Killian's offer. Regret that I had listened to Regina. If Regina never told me about Killian, I would've gladly accepted his offer. Oh come on, Emma. Stop playing the blame game. This is all on you, I thought to myself.

I needed to ask Killian if it would be too late to accept his offer, but I don't think he would do it. Especially after what happened a few weeks ago. He hasn't said a word to me ever since.

I needed to tell him how much I needed his help, but how? I can't go all 'Hey, Killian. I want to take those lessons now.' He'll obviously think I'm just using him, which I am. I needed to sound both sorry and hopeless.

When the bell finally rang for lunch, I bounced out of my seat to tell him the news.

Killian's POV

When the bell rang, I could see Emma rushing to talk to me, so I just kept walking, faster, and faster. I don't care what she has to say to me.
After she broke my heart, I don't want to hear a word from her.

Unfortunately, I reached the crowded part of the hallway. Sure, it's always crowded, but of course, at the time I wanted to run away from Emma, it had to be more crowded than ever before.

"Bloody hell," I muttered under my breath.

That was when Emma caught up to me.

"Killian! Killian, wait!" She called.

I kept walking, but the hall was so crowded, it seemed like I was walking in place. She ended up standing right next to me.

"Killian, please. Talk to me."

"What?" I yelled louder than I intended to.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened a few weeks ago."

"I don't care. I've already gotten over it," I lied.

"Really? That's great cause I'm still up for those lessons if you are."

"Oh how hypocritical. First you say I'm a horrible person and you want nothing to do with me and now you're asking for help? Well, I'm not going to give you lessons. I know what you're doing. I'm not that stupid."

"Come on, please Killian. I'm desperate for help. You're my only hope," she pleaded.

We reached the cafeteria and I still didn't respond. I realized she was still looking at me, so I finally replied.

"Fine," I said, knowing that was what I always wanted to come out of my mouth. "We start today after school. Don't come to me saying you've changed your mind."

Emma's POV

As soon as he agreed to help me, my heart started beating faster than ever before, knowing that I'd made a huge mistake. I wasn't going to keep embarrassing myself though. It was a hard decision to make, but I am in need of help.

I sat at a table with my friends.

"Emma, can I talk to you alone?" Regina asked.

"Okay?" I responded, unsure if I liked what she was going to tell me.

We headed to the corner of the cafeteria. I stood there, waiting for her to scream at me, while she looked around, making sure no one was listening. I was staring at Killian when she cleared her throat. I gave her my full attention.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked.

"What did I do this time?" I replied, knowing the answer to that question.

"I saw you, once again talking to Killian. I thought I told you he was bad news."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just had to talk to him about something..." she stared at me wide-eyed until more words blurted out of my mouth. "...important."

"Important? What could possibly be important with him?" She rolled her eyes. "Stay away from him. I haven't seen you talking to him in weeks, and now, all of a sudden, you start talking to him again. I thought you heeded my warning."

"Look, I'm sorry. But just cause we're friends, it doesn't mean that you get to control me."

"Emma, I'm not trying to control you. I'm trying to protect you. I don't want what happened to other girls happen to you," she said as tears started growing in her eyes.

"Hold on, did Killian do something to you?"

A tear rolled down her cheek. "Maybe," she responded as she wiped her tear. "And I don't want you to live through that nightmare. Please, Emma, Listen to me."

"Alright," I lied. "I'll stay away from Killian."

We walked back to our table and pretended like nothing happened. I know it's wrong to lie to a friend, but it's too late. I can't change the arrangement I made with Killian. He already thinks I'm a hypocrite, which I am. And always will be.

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please remember to comment and vote! It would be really helpful to see what you guys thought about it! And if you catch any spelling or grammar mistakes, please point them out! I'll update as soon as I can! ☺️💜