Let's Play

A/N: I am so sorry this update took so long! I just started school and I couldn't find time to write. I really hope the next update will be a lot quicker, and that this chapter was worth the wait!

Emma's POV

It's been a week since Graham and I have started dating, but I can't help but feel like something's missing. I don't want to take part in this relationship anymore, but Graham just wouldn't understand the way I'm feeling.

Agreeing to date Graham was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made. I have no idea what it was that made me say yes, but all I know is that it wasn't for Graham.

I shut the door of my locker and was greeted by Killian. "Love, can we please talk?"

I rolled my eyes and walked away, giving him a dirty look.

"Emma, please. Just hear me out," Killian said. "Class starts in ten minutes. Just let me talk to you, please."

"Fine, just know that none of this will be important. Not to you, not to me, not to anyone. You're just wasting your time," I told him.

"I'd rather waste my time than not give you an explanation," he replied. "I love you, Emma, more than anything, more than anyone. What I did last week was terrible, and you deserve to know my reasons. When you asked me if I knew you, my mind immediately flashed back to a time. A time back at the beginning of eleventh grade. My old girlfriend, Milah, and I broke up because of a similar situation. One day, she was upset and wanted me to throw words of kindness at her. What I told her wasn't exactly what she was looking for. I told her she was smart, kind, and so many more things. However, she wanted to hear words such as beautiful, gorgeous, hot, and the list goes on. She got mad at me, dumped me, and left the house. On her way out, she wasn't looking where she was going. I told her to watch out but it was too late. She got hit by a truck, and it's all my fault. Remember when you found out Graham and Will tricked me? That wasn't the real reason I played girls last year. It was because I was so upset over Milah's death that I thought everyone deserved to feel my pain. So when you asked me who you were, I froze. I wanted to tell you just exactly how I felt about you. Hell, I had a long speech already planned out in my mind. I just couldn't speak. I couldn't speak knowing that my words could possibly lead to your death. I'm so sorry for what I did to you, and I understand if you no longer want to be in a relationship with me, especially now that you're dating Graham."

"Killian," I said, my eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry! I had no idea what your old girlfriend did to you. If I could tell you anything, it would be that I never wanted to be in a relationship with Graham, and I only just realized why I even agreed to it! I only dated Graham to make you jealous. I wanted you back, Killian, more than anything! I knew you would immediately grow green with envy when Graham and I started dating. But since it's already been a week, I gave up hope! I thought you didn't care anymore!"

"Love, I've cared," he responded as he wiped my tears. "I've cared so much. I only came to you now because I didn't want to be reminded of what I did to Milah. And I didn't think I deserved your forgiveness, nor am I asking for it. Anyway, the bell is about to ring, but I just want you to be happy. And maybe that happiness is with Graham instead of me, but as long as you're happy, I'm happy," he stated as he walked away.

"Killian wait," I stopped him. He walked closer to me, and as soon as he got close enough, I jumped onto him and gave him a big hug. "I love you, so much."

"And I you."

***

Killian and I went over a plan to dump Graham during classes. It would've been easier during lunch, but we didn't want him suspecting anything.

The plan was simple. We both go to his house, Killian waits outside, I dump him and run out.

We also had a backup plan. If I've spent over ten minutes talking to Graham, Killian will come to the rescue.

When the time was right, I nervously entered Graham's house.

"Hey, Emma!" He said. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Hi, Graham. I have something to tell you."

"Go ahead," he responded.

"Okay listen, you're not gonna like the way this sounds but please just accept it." I took a deep breath. "This isn't really working out well, and I'm sorry Graham, but I'm gonna have to break up with you."

"It's Killian, isn't it?" He asked. I stared at him, not wanting to answer his question. "I said, it's Killian, isn't it!?" He repeated harshly. "He's interfering with your interests."

"No, he isn't. Leave Killian out of this. I just don't really have feelings for you."

As I reached for the door, Graham held me and forcefully threw me onto the floor.

"Do you really think it's that easy to run away from me? Answer me!" He growled.

"It was worth a try," I said in pain.

"Well, guess what? Trying never works, especially with someone as foolish as you! You think you're strong, but deep down inside you know the truth. You know you're just a stupid little girl, crying for her little Killy bear that she can't sleep without at night."

"Graham–" I started.

"No, I'm not done!" He shouted. "And I won't be until you're mine and mine only!"

"Too bad that's not gonna happen."

"Oh, really?" He laughed. "Once I'm done, I'll be the only thing on your mind."

He once again held me, but this time he took me to his bedroom and threw me onto his bed. When he came across the window and saw Killian, I knew trouble was coming.

"Oh, I was wondering why you weren't worried. And now I finally understand why. You thought your Killy bear would come to the rescue. Well guess what? You thought wrong," he shouted. "Will!"

"Yes, Graham?" Will asked as he entered the room.

"I need you to go tie up Killian," he said as he handed him some rope.

"This is gonna be fun," Will laughed as he went outside.

Oh no, Killian is gonna get tied up, and it's all my fault.

"Now, where were we?" Graham asked himself jokingly. "Oh yeah! Let's play!" He said as he joined me on his bed, leaping onto me.