Reunited Part 1

Emma's POV

"Mom? Is it really you?" I questioned, my eyes filling with tears of happiness.

"Yes, honey," she responded. "I'm so sorry about what Eva did to you. I should've protected you."

"Mom, don't be. It wasn't your fault."

"I know, but I should've been there for you, and your father. I just didn't know what to do. Every day, every second, I think of you, and all I could feel is regret," she replied in a tearful tone. "And your aunt is also very strong. She took a karate class when she was in third grade up until she was in eighth grade. She'd even gotten a black belt."

"Mom, stop blaming yourself. It's no one but Eva's fault. She's insane, just wait until you hear what she's done to me!"

"Oh honey, what did she do?"

"I think I'd rather tell you in person, mom, if you don't mind," I responded. I don't think she'd be able to handle it if I told her too soon.

"Of course, dear. Where can I see you? Where has that witch taken you?"

"I live in Storybrooke, Maine. I'll text you the address so you won't forget. However, it won't be the address to Eva's house. It'll be the house across from it."

"Wait, why wouldn't it be–" She started.

"I'll explain it to you when you get here. Anyway, I gotta go, bye!" I hung up before she had the chance to respond. Killian was already inside of the house. He'd been waiting for me at the doorway for the last two minutes. Just imagine how many insects have flown in there.

"Who was that?" Killian asked. "You look overly happy, Emma."

"That was my mom," I squealed. "She's coming for me!"

"That's amazing! I'm so glad you'll finally have a real mother! You'll have a good life again."

"Thank you, I hope so!" I responded, stepping into his house with excitement.

***

Three days later...

Narrator's POV

Mary Margaret took her assigned seat on the plane with mixed feelings. She was eager to see her daughter for the first time in more than twelve years, though she was also nervous to see what Eva would try to do. She might try to take her away from her once again, leaving both her and her daughter in depression, though Mary Margaret mustn't lose hope.

She's spent countless nights at the sheriff station ever since she was found. A nice couple had bought the old abandoned house to start a family. When they toured the house they hadn't entered all of the rooms, only the important ones after all. They decided to take a look around the house, when they found a woman locked up in the basement. It was only two years ago when she'd been released. Eva kept her locked up in the attic of their old house in Boston before she sent her there, just to make sure there wasn't any possible way for Emma to find out, but now, Emma knew and Mary Margaret couldn't be any happier.

Mary Margaret was only able to earn money with help from the sheriff. Sheriff Cassidy was very kind to her. He worked every day, helping her get a job, helping her get money, and most importantly, helped her get to Emma. Margaret had left the sheriff station yesterday with a simple thank you, for she knew she wouldn't see him in a very long time, if she saw him at all.

A man took a seat next to Mary Margaret on the plane.

"You're shaking," he said.

"Just a little nervous," she responded.

"Why?" He questioned.

Mary Margaret sighed. "That's my business."

"Alright," the man said. "Look at me."

"Why?" She asked.

"Oh, look who's asking questions now," he smirked. "Now, look at me."

"But why do–" she started.

"Just do it," he demanded.

Mary Margaret, listening to his order, looked at the man. What she had discovered had left her in astonishment.

"David!" Tears of happiness filled her eyes. Soon, she would not only be reunited with her daughter, but now, she was reunited with her husband. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"And I you!" He smiled. "I'm going to Maine to find Emma. What about you?"

"I'm doing the same!" She responded. "How did you find her?"

"Sheriff Cassidy helped me," he answered. "How did you find her?"

"Sheriff Cassidy helped me too," she replied. "I will forever be grateful to him. Did you talk to Emma on the phone like I did?"

"Unfortunately not, but I'm very glad that you had the opportunity. After all, it was a longer time since you saw her," he responded. "Sadly, she thinks I'm dead, and Eva made her think that it was her fault."

"Aww, that must be terrible."

"I know, but I can't wait to see the look on her face when we come back for her."

"Me too," Mary Margaret smiled.

Mary Margaret and David were filled with so much excitement that they hadn't even noticed the hour long flight has passed. The plane had reached Maine, and they couldn't be happier. They were in the same state as their daughter, and soon they would be in the same city, street, and better yet, house. They could finally restart their family. They could finally live the life they should've had.

They stepped off the plane, rushing to grab their bags, rent a car, and head to the address Emma has given them.

As soon as their car had parked in front of the house, Mary Margaret rushed to the front door, while David hid in a bush, hoping to surprise her after she'd seen Mary Margaret, only to find him still alive.

Mary Margaret rang the doorbell, waiting for an answer. Excitement filled her as she heard footsteps approaching the door, knowing that in a few seconds, she would see her daughter. The daughter she hasn't seen in twelve years. The doorknob turned and soon burst open.