The Choice

Emma's POV

It had been three weeks since Killian told me to make a choice. Though he was hiding it, I could tell he was very impatient. However, it wasn't for a foolish reason. He would lose me the second he'd show his impatience. But I know I should make my decision quick, and by quick, I mean very quick. Knowing myself, a volcano would probably erupt inside of me if I had to wait for something that long.

But that wasn't the hardest decision I had to make. The one about Regina was. It was like the devil and the angel. One part, which was probably the angel on my shoulder was saying 'Come on! Haven't you lied to her enough?' But the other part, most likely the devil said 'Stop letting Regina control you! You need to have some fun in your life!'

I know the right thing was to listen to the angel, but I was in too much doubt to listen to either sides. For now, I was just going to finish, well, actually start the blank math test I had sitting on my desk. I hadn't even noticed the packet being passed to me since I was too carried away in my thoughts. Luckily, I managed to get the last question done as soon as the bell rang.

As I made my way to my locker, my feet dragged me to a different place, to Killian. "Killian, I made my decision," I said with a smile.

What? Those words hadn't just come out of my mouth, had they? I had no control over my legs, nor my mouth. I was very unsure of which decision to make but it looks like it's time for my lips to take control over my mind.

"I'll be in a relationship with you. But we have to think about Regina together. Until then, we'll keep it a secret."

Killian's POV

"Alright, I'm fine with that," I responded as I turned away from her, attempting to hide the smirk growing on my face.

I started my walk to my next class, when she suddenly stopped me. "Wait! We have to discuss it, and it has to be quick. Do you want to meet me for another 'lesson' later today?" She said with a wink.

"Sure, but my mother is coming home early today."

"That's fine. We can go to my house this time. My mom doesn't usually come home until around eight o'clock."

"Sounds good," I said when I realized I only had thirty seconds to get to Mr. Hatter's class for social studies. "Gotta go!" I frantically added.

Emma's POV

Woah, what did I just allow my mouth to do? Not only am I gonna be in a relationship with him but I'm also letting him into my house. Oh, come on Emma! We all knew that was what you wanted the whole time. Stop blaming it on your lips.

This was true, it wasn't just my mouth. Every part of me wanted to say that from the start. And you know what? Screw wrong and right. Although what I did was very wrong, it still felt so right. But what would I tell Regina? I guess I'll just have to wait for Killian to help me make that decision.

***

After what felt like a year, the bell finally rang. I rushed through the door and into my car. There wasn't much traffic today and I got to my house in about three minutes, and surprisingly, he was already there.

"How did you--

"I may have left a few minutes earlier than I was supposed to. Ms. Boyd is blind when she has her mind lost in a book," he laughed.

I unlocked the door for the both of us and led the way to my room.

"Oh," he said, looking around.

"What?" I asked.

"It's just that, even though you said your room was small, I didn't think it would be this tiny. This room is the size of my closet."

"Well I'm sorry," I responded sarcastically. "If this is the size of your closet, imagine how small my closet would be." I gestured to my closet so he could peek through.

He took a look, then replied, "Do all of your clothes even fit in here?"

"Nope! Okay, so now, let's just talk about Regina," I answered, trying to change the subject. It galled me that he was complaining about the size of my room.

"Yeah, I already have an answer to that," he said, still fishing through my closet.

"You do?"

"Of course."

"Then tell me!"

"Okay," he responded, now trying on one of my red leather jackets, barely being able to fit it on himself.

It was adorable but I had to hide this feeling. Before he could start answering the question, I asked, "Um, what the hell are you doing with my red leather jacket?"

"Nothing!" He replied, ripping it off and tossing it onto the floor.

I was curious, but I was even more curious as to what he thinks about our Regina problem. "Whatever, just answer my question about Regina."

"I think you should definitely tell her. If Regina found out on her own, she would be even more frustrated than if you told her. And if you lost her friendship, the blame would go to me and I would most likely lose you. I wouldn't want to risk that any day," he responded, relieved that I didn't care too much about the jacket.

"You know what, you're right," I said without a second thought.

"I am? Oh yeah, I am."

"And now that we've got this planned out, you can leave. Bye Killian!" I shooed him out of my room.

"But I just got here!"

"Bye Killian!" I repeated as I shut and locked my bedroom door before he could say anything else.

***

About an hour later, I heard some loud noises coming from downstairs. I held a stick in my hand, just in case it was a thief. I entered the kitchen and found Killian sticking his fingers in a jar of melted chocolate and licking them like a child. Also on the counter was a carton of chocolate milk, a Hershey's chocolate syrup bottle, and an empty box of cookies, which I could've sworn was full yesterday.

"Killian!"

"Oh, hello Emma." He replied, while licking the remaining chocolate on his fingers.

"I thought you left!"

"Well, I didn't. And I just happened to find this food in my... car."

"I think you pronounced the kitchen incorrectly."

"Or that."

"Oh god, Killian! What's my mom gonna say when she sees all of this food gone? She knows I don't eat a lot."

"Tell her that you invited one of your friends over and she eats too many sweets."

I laughed. "Oh my god, I love you Killian!"

"Want some?" He asked, holding up a finger covered in chocolate.

Not caring that he already licked that finger, I sliced the chocolate off of it with a spoon and stuck it into my mouth.

"And I love you, Emma!"

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Since I took so long writing the past few chapters, I thought I would give you a new one a lot quicker than usual. Please let me know what you think! The next chapter will be up as soon as possible! 😊💙