Lesson One, Check|Lesson Two, Eh

Killian's POV

When I got home, I eagerly waited right in front of the door to start the lesson with Emma. I've waited weeks for Emma to finally accept my offer. Every second I've spent knowing that Emma turned down my offer and thinks of me as an awful person was torture. She said she was desperate for my help, but I'm desperate to help her. I'm glad that phase is finally over.

My eyes lit up when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly opened it with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"Hi Em-- mother."

Damn it, mother. Couldn't you have come at a better time?

She trudged through the door and set the groceries on the island. "Hi Killian," she replied.

"Why didn't you just use your keys?" I asked annoyed.

"Too many groceries." She sighed heavily.

As my mother complained about spending so much money on her children, something hit me. Emma would come here while my mother is home. I had to call Emma to tell her we needed to change the place of the lessons, but it was too late.

Emma's POV

I rang the doorbell and was greeted by Killian.

"Emma, uh, let's go outside," he said as he hurried me out the house.

"Who's that, Killian?" A woman's voice called.

"No one, mother," he responded as he pushed me completely out of the house.

I managed to get a good view of the woman as she rushed down the stairs and she probably got a good view of me too.

"Aw, Killian. Is that your girlfriend?" The woman yelled.

Girlfriend? That isn't a word I'm used to hearing, especially for me.

"No, mother. Bye!" He shouted back as he shut the door behind him.

"What's wrong? I thought you said I would meet you here," I curiously asked.

"Well there's a change of plans. My mother came home earlier than usual and she doesn't know about this." He looked back to see if his mother was still watching through the window. "So we have to go somewhere else for today."

"Okay, but where?"

"Well, there are tons of places. We can go to the park, the mall food court, a restaurant, the docks, or we can just go to your house. After all, it is right across the street. Anywhere you desire."

"I'll go anywhere but I'm not letting you in my house. The park would do."

"The park it is," he replied as he got in his car. I stood outside the door and stared at the car, admiring its metallic blue color and shiny finish. "Are you hopping in or not?"

I got in the car, hoping this wouldn't be awkward. We arrived at the park within ten minutes. We sat at a picnic table, which we marked as an emergency destination if his mom is ever home early again.

All of a sudden, in the middle of our lesson, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I rolled my eyes after seeing who it was, Regina. I answered it and stepped away from the picnic table, making sure Killian wouldn't be able to hear me.

"What's up?"

"Where are you?" She asked. By the tone of her voice, I could tell she was demanding for an answer.

"I'm at home. Where else would I be?" I lied.

"No you're not. I went to your house and your mom said you weren't home."