Story Time Part 2

Killian's POV

I never meant for it happen to like this. Confessing my darkest secret so suddenly? It's too late now. They're waiting for an answer. And they won't give up until they get one.

"Go on!" Regina demanded.

"Alright, here I go. I'm gonna tell you the answer." I paused. They signaled for me to continue. "After... Emma and I... finish our lesson."

"Nuh-uh! You're giving us the answer now!" Emma shouted.

"Fine." I sighed. "When Emma first walked through that door, it was like an angel had fallen from heaven. Her beautiful emerald eyes, her gorgeous blonde hair. How could I resist? And her confusion about school was absolutely adorable."

"Hold on. What are you saying?" Emma said, though I could tell she knew.

"Emma, I fell in love with you."

"Ha! You expect me to believe that Killian Jones actually fell in love? Emma, don't listen to him. You could tell he's lying."

I looked down, ashamed of myself. She was right though. How could I fall in love, especially after everything that I did.

"No, I think he's telling the truth. Look at him," Emma responded to Regina while pointing at my face.

"Emma, I told you. He's a wonderful liar. Though, he's never said anything that sounded more truthful. I guess you could go with that, but I still don't think he'd be able to fall in love. I just think this is the start of him trying to fool you."

"You didn't let me finish my story, Regina. But I did fall in love with her. And after thinking about all of the hearts I've broken with my mission, I regretted it so badly, that if I had the chance to change the past, I would. But I knew Emma would never want to be with someone like me. Someone who broke all of those girls' hearts. I just couldn't live with myself. That's why I didn't want Emma to discover what I did. I am the most hypocritical person, possibly in the world. Falling in love, after breaking over a hundred hearts? I know I couldn't be with her, so I decided to have these lessons with her. I needed to spend time with her."

"Emma, he's lying. I know it may seem like he's telling the truth but he's lying."

"Shut up Regina! I know he's telling the truth. Whether I like the truth or not, I know the difference between a lie and an honest answer."

"So you understand?" I asked, with hope that she might.

"I never said that!" Emma yelled. I should've known. How could I even have hope?

"If your story is true, why did you regret your mission?" Regina asked in an angry voice.

"Because I realized what love felt like. It is the most wonderful feeling anyone could ever have. However, losing it is the worst thing I could imagine. And I knew that losing you, Emma would have been just as bad of a feeling."

"I'm sorry, Killian. I'm not interested. Maybe if I didn't find out what you've done. But now, I think it's only right if you feel the same way as you made lots of other girls feel," she responded as she turned to get her bag from the picnic table and ran off.

"Killian," I looked up to see Regina. "If you really ever knew what love felt like, you wouldn't have done those horrible things. You don't deserve Emma." She sprinted away from me and caught up to Emma.

She's right. I don't deserve Emma. She is the most wonderful human I've ever met. And I'm the worst human anyone could meet, if I even count as one.

I walked back to the picnic table in despair and packed my belongings. All I could think about the whole ten minute car ride back home was Emma.

The hardest part would be forgetting about her. She lives right across from me, we have most of the same classes, and her locker is right next to mine. I thought fate wanted us to be together, but it seems like I was wrong. It's too late to change the past. I will never win her heart, ever.

Emma's POV

I started my walk home when I saw Regina rushing towards me. "Emma!" She called.

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you! Can you wait a sec so I can catch up to you?"

"Okay!" I shouted back as I froze.

"Okay... we can continue... walking now," she said between breaths.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I curiously asked.

"I just wanted to say you did the right thing, turning down Killian. I wouldn't have been strong enough to do that."

This surprised me. I know Regina. She's a lot stronger than I am. I guess love is something she can't fight.

I didn't know what to say so I just changed the subject. "You and Robin are a really great couple. How did you start trusting guys, even after what Killian did to you?"

"Well, Robin is different. He's the opposite of Killian. And Killian's the only guy who does that. None of the guys at school act like him. You understand why I kept telling you to stay away from him?"

"I guess so," I responded, but something about what I did to Killian made me feel bad. I mean, people do change. He looked so upset over what he did. He really regretted it, so why can't anyone forgive him? He'll never get a girlfriend if everyone judges him by his past, so why do I have to do that? Why can't I be the one who changes everything for him, make his dull life turn to a bright one? All of the girls hate him now, why can't I be the one who likes him? I already do, and no matter what he does I always will. Everything I said before was a lie. But no one could find out about my feelings for him, especially Regina.

It's almost time for the musical episode! I can barely hold my excitement Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Do you think Killian should be forgiven? Comment your thoughts! 😊💜