separated

Three months.

Geno couldn't believe he's been here for three months. This wasn't the plan, the plan was the leave within the first few days when he first came here.

Yet, he's here still here, sule easily got to him. Geno wouldn't admit it, but he wasn't strong when it came to words. They easily shoot through his courage like bullets hitting their target.
Selfish was the one that got to him the most, so much that he actually started to believe it. He looked back to all the times Alphys and undyne had to make sacrifices for his own well being.
How he took the last of the determination that could have been used for further research.
How he refused to come because of his fake mental illness, when so many monsters were missing.
Geno easily believed that, and that's the only reason he stayed. He couldn't stand the guilt, what if he could actually help.
He wondered how sad some monsters were because one of their loved ones didn't make it home one night.
He could help, he could be useful.

Geno soon woke up to the sound of the morning alarm screaming for the scouts to wake up. Each and everyone of them made their way to the start of the path but soon they all groaned and went back to their tents when they saw sule smiling with all her things packed into her bag.
The scouts had exactly five minutes to get all their things packed so they could start running through the trail.

Once the bags were all finished all the scouts made their way back to sule. She was seen in a serious conversation with another of the scout leaders. He was a tall masculine horse and from what geno remembers, his name was Aron. The scouts waited patently for sule to finish talking, they remembered the last time someone interrupted her. Never again.

Sule then nodded at Aron and looked to the scouts, "change of plans! It seems like today is your lucky day, Aron is going to take over the drills then you are to immediately go to the areas you are assigned to go to. Do I make myself clear!?"

Geno and everyone scout said "Yes sir" and went along to the drills. They mostly push ups, some running and then hearing where you're assigned to go and look for missing monsters.

The only monsters that were found we're not hurt or in have any clue why they were here. The only things they remembered was the things they were doing before, in their words, blacked out.
This info doesn't help out much either.

Tho some scouts were relived that some of the missing monsters have been found. It still didn't answer the question of where the others are.

Geno was assigned to watch over the camp. Alone. The scouting procedures where questionable to geno, but they're starting to fix it a bit with the war strategies geno, unhappily, gave them.

Geno already took three missing cases and came back with nothing, which earned him some hard training. Some missing sightings where saw by the lake, but the most missing cases where mostly reported on trails, close by the foggy forest.

They already sent scouts down there tied with ropes to look, but no footprints, any struggles, indicated that life was down there. So they gave up on the forest, and if there was any monsters down there they were out of luck. The foggy forest stretched out for miles and worked like a maze. Anyone who is lost in there for more then 15 days was presumed dead.

Geno marched around the camps property, this was mostly due to hikers who came along the trail. Geno would usually have to tell them that this area was closed off and would have a elite scout escort them home to ensure their safety.

But something in the corner of geno's eye caught his attention. Someone on top of the mountains was walking along side of the camp before stopping suddenly.
Geno looked up in pure confusion, no one should be able to get up there alone. From what geno sees the figure must be small, but wasn't confirmed because they were really far from each other, and no equipment with them. So it would have been impossible for someone like them to get up to the very top of the mountain. Especially sinced it rained last night, the mountain must have been slippery and muddy.

Then a the figure bent down and looked like they touched the mountain before running down the opposite side of the mountain away from the camp.
Now geno was completely confused, he thought about going to one elite to report what he saw but his thoughts where cut short when a huge boom came from the mountain.

Geno's blood turned cold and his whole body freezed up. Nothing but fear clouded his eyes and ears. He couldn't even hear the scouts telling him to run. He didn't even see sule running to him and screaming at him to move.
But when he did, it was too late. A land slide, most likely triggered by a bomb swept geno off his feet and over the edge of the path into the foggy darkness.

Yay! Chapter done. You know, my cousin thought it would have been funny to say that geno died and that was the end of the story. Lol.

Well can't say if he did or didn't but you guys already know, so.

Pepe! Out!