quiet (part 1)

(Play music)

Both geno and greson walked into the house, and geno was instantly met with the smell of food.
Geno's stomach(?) Grumbled, causing geno to turn red while greson laughed.
"I'm hungry too, come on. The rest of the staff are probably asleep. Well have some privacy to talk." Greson said as he made his way down a small hallway to a room to the right.
Geno slowly followed greson, he adjusted his backpack and looked out the window pointing to the tunnel. More lights were started to shine through, he saw two monsters drop a long piece of cloth in front of the tunnel, erasing any light that shown through.

He saw them stay there afterwards, they probably must be on guard. Maybe to keep him in.

"Or to keep something out?" Geno whispered to himself.

"Geno?" Greson's faint voice called for him.

"C-coming." Geno called out to him and followed the path greson took. It led him to a small kitchen, all of it made of wood. It took a moment to look around, it reminded him of the kitchen back at Home.
His dad would usually have meetings with the king, so geno and papyrus would usually roam around the castle for fun.
They're favorite place was the castles kitchen, it smelled good and looked nice. He remembered when chara, Asreal, papyrus and him would hide from the maids and butlers in the cabinets. They would steal chocolate from the place too.
Remembering that actually brought a small smile to his face. But It quickly faded back to a frown after he remembered the fact that all three of them are dead.
He couldn't help but wonder what they would have looked like if they all grew up together.

"Something on your mind, kid?" Greson said pulling out a slice of Cinnabon and his half eaten lettuce.

"Huh?" Geno said perking up, "no, just.....memories."

Greson grunted in response and set the food down on the table, since there was no light greson has lit a bunch if candles that sat all over the kitchen.

Geno sat at the counter, just a seat away from greson.
"Thank you." Geno said shyly as he looked at the Cinnabon in front of him. Greson smiled and took the seat one away from geno, respecting his space.

"Are you sure you're alright, geno?" Greson asked once more snapping geno out of his trance. He realized he was staring at his food for a few minutes.

"y-yeah I'm fine." Geno lied, "..........I don't like lying - no I don't think I'm fine." He said truthfully this time.

Greson smile faded a bit as he put a hand on geno's shoulder. Already used to this, geno didn't flinch.
"you can tell me, kid. But that's if you want to, I perfectly fine with silence if that's what you want."

Geno shut his eye shut and nodded, "I need to leave."

Greson raised an eyebrow but his calm expression didn't leave, "would you like me to explain why you can't go back, at least not now?"

Geno nodded but kept his eyes shut, he was feeling to emotional about Home.

Greson sighed and put his hand on laid his hands on the table, "if the situation was different, we would have actually helped you get back to your home."

"You would?" Geno sniffed looked at greson.

Greson nodded, "Yes, we would have had a few monster escort you to your home after a few days of staying here and making sure you won't give away our place. But, you're in the scouts."

"W-what does that have to do with anything? I'm apart of the scouts that go and find missing monsters when they disappear at an alarming rate." Geno sniffed some more, desperately trying not to cry.