wake up call

"Hey, wake up."

A small shove made death open his eyes, it was still nighttime, it seems only an hour at most had passed.

"Someone's calling you," geno said in a hushed voice, death lifted his head up from his lap and looked behind the tree. Death quickly shot his head back and stood up behind the tree.
"Don't move," death said, geno slightly shifted so he could be a bit comfortable.

"Who is it?" Geno whispered, feeling a bit curious. Death slightly moved a bit so geno could stand up, geno peaked a bit from the tree with death looking over his head.
Geno looked to see an owl looking around the village near the tree, death grabbed geno's shoulder and pulled him back behind the tree gently.

"That's the second in command," death stated, his voice had a bit of disgust tone in it, "he's looking for me so I can do his paperwork."

"What why?" Geno asked and looked back to the owl, "isn't his job as second in command to do his own work? Or do things run differently here? Or is it because he's busy?"

"You ask a lot of questions." Death chuckled, "But no - he's a pretty lazy guy, last morning I got stuck with all his work. Took me all morning, I honestly just finished an hour ago."

"That's messed up," geno said feeling irritated, "why is he second in command if he can do a little bit of paperwork?"

Death stayed quiet for a few seconds looking at the owl, when he went out of sight death sat down on the ground and sighed. Geno looked a bit longer before sitting next to him.

"Sure, Albert is a lazy monster," death spoke, "But he's respected for how smart he is and how good he's at strategies

"Sure, Albert is a lazy monster," death spoke, "But he's respected for how smart he is and how good he's at strategies."

"Strategies?" Geno asked.

Death nodded, "like war or retreat strategies, got us out of a bad place once."

"I see," geno said and thought for a second, he looked to death and raised an ' eyebrow '.
"You were apart of the war right?"

Death looked at geno but nodded, geno scratched his head.
"I don't remember there being any attacks in the forest."

Death raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean? The monster kingdom did attack here."

Geno turned and looked at death as if he had grown two heads, "no....they had war on our territory. Never in the forest, and if it was somewhere else it was the small army that attacked..west? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they did not attack here."

Death nodded and looked at him confusingly, "We did send over an army to your territory to fight, but there was also a small war here with the small army like you said."

"That doesn't make sense," geno's voice trailed off, "did you guys happen to have a different war with another monster kingdom?"

"No," death said and shook his head, "you guys are the only monster kingdom known in the map, all other territory that doesn't belong to you is either small monster villages or tribes. Plus you guys have the same symbol."