Chapter Five

Red. Chapter five. 

Lilliannas Point Of View

Running my hands through the knots in my hair was a bit of a struggle. Realizing how bad the knots became since this all started. I had a while before i went looking with Negan for my brother. About an hour and a half I was given from Negan to shower and be ready to go.

Feeling the water wash away all the nasty grime and dirt felt like a dream come true. Soon I was dried and dressed ready to face Negan and get going. A feeling or relief went over my body that it finally settled in. I was going to look for him. He was gonna be okay and he'd come ho- back to the sanctuary with us. He'd be alive and we'd survive this new world. Together.

Walking out the door of the sanctuary and feeling the sun hit my clean skin was a great feeling. I notice Negan standing there next to a car with two other men and his baseball bat. He was talking to them when I realized one of them was Simon. Simon noticed me walking over, Negan's back still facing me. Simon sent me a small smile. Although I realized Simon could be sarcatic and rude like Negan- he had as soft side to. A kind side.

Once Negan noticed Simon staring behind him, he turned his attenetion towards me. He welcomed me with a big toothy grin, sticking his tongue between his teeth and lips for a moment. I've noticed he does this a lot.

"Well hello there darling, sleep well?" He asked, seeming quite genuine in how my night went after our conversation. And me trying to sneak out.

"Fine, thank you very asking. May we go now? I really wanna find him. I've already waited too long to start searching." I demanded, picking at the skin around my nail on my thumb.

"Oh sh!t yeah. The truck is ready, four men are gonna be joining us on our little trip. They wanna practice being out there. Gotta train for this new world right?" He didn't allow me to answer, tapping the hard floor with Lucille before swinging her up to rest on his shoulder.

"Alrighty boys let us get a move on. Big day!" He shouts, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to the car. He opens the car for me and opens the door, allowing me to get in.

****

After a mostly quiet ride, with Negan cracking jokes once in a while, we finally arrived back to where we met. Where he saved me from that awful, animalastic pathetic excuse of a man. He starts giving out the plan.

"Ronny and Ed. Go east, check through all the trees and if you stumble across a place, check it for this young ladies bro. You stumble across a man named Derrek, You bring him back safe alright? Tommy and Joe go South, same thing goes for you two. If any of us gets in trouble. Send out three shots. Three seconds apart with your guns. The rest will come running. Meet back here around noon." Negan demands, holding Lucille with one hand, while the other rests on my lower back. Really close to my ass.

He leads me deaper into the woods, sort of quieter than he usually is. We keep an eye out for those dead freaks, I'm keeping my knife in my hand just in case something happens. Even though I've never killed one. I've seen some of Negan's men take them out, usually aiming for the head. First time I saw Negan take one out; I threw up. Stupid habit of having a weak stomach.

"You aren't chirping very much today little bird, you alright?" My eyes dart over to him, suprised he spoke up so soon. I nod slightly, not sure what to say to him. I try to continue walking, wanting to just find Derrek and get this day over with. But before I can take three more steps my arm is grabbed and I'm fored to turn around and face him.

I yank my arm back, upset that he grabbed me that way. "What?!" I yell at him, but while trying to keep in mind that those monsters could be roaming. I watch his facial expression drop, then get angry.