Chapter 1

*Outfit of the day^^*

"Mom I don't understand why you're throwing me into this mess. I'm not fit to do this job!" I said while pacing around my room on the phone with my mom. "Because this will be good for you and you're going to get 3/4 of the profits while we get the rest of it. It's really a win win for you." She said as calm as she could be. 

"But a whole organization? The Miami Marlins nonetheless! How am I supposed to run that ballpark, it's huge!" I said waving my hands around even though she couldn't see me. "You just have to, now go on and get ready for your first day of work. We'll see you later." She said and I sighed and said my goodbyes to her. 

I got ready for the day and I was going to turn this organization into a casual one where we didn't have to dress up for work every day. 

The baseball world is having a hay-day over the fact that I, a 24 year old, is now running the Marlins organization and to be honest, what they say can't affect me because that's just who I am. 

I grabbed my bag and got into my car and went over to the stadium ready for my first day of work. This is going to be a long season because I was also going to be traveling with the team, I didn't travel for the first two road series, but I will be for the rest of the season. 

I walked into the stadium and went into my office. "Ah good you're here." My assistant said as she walked through the door. "Yes hi, I'm Gianna." I said getting up and shaking her hand. "I'm Katie." She said with a smile. "I can already tell we're going to be good friends. But next time when you come in, wear casual clothes. I'm very casual and I won't wear fancy suits and I hate wearing heels unless I have to." I said. 

"Sounds like a plan, but now we have a meeting to go to." She said and I followed her out of my office and into the meeting room with all the employees. "Alright, hello everyone! I am your new boss Gianna. I know I'm young at 24 but that's what you get when your parents throw you into this mess." 

Everyone laughed and I went on with the meeting. "We will not be wearing fancy suits, I'm a casual person and I don't own any fancy clothes so causal every day." I said and everyone nodded and we talked about the promotions. 

"In September, we will be honoring Jose and giving away a bobble head, we are away on the anniversary of his death, but that first game we're home after it is when we'll give it away. We're still going to do the Bark at the Park, because who doesn't love puppies." I said and they all nodded. 

"Alright, any more questions? I have to get down to the locker room to meet the coaches and the guys." I said and everyone nodded no and I concluded the meeting. "Ready to head down to the locker room?" I asked Katie as we walked out of the meeting room. 

"I'm coming with you?" She asked and I smiled. "Yeah, I don't know where I'm going so you'll have to lead me." I said and she laughed and led the way down to the clubhouse. 

"You must be our new owner Gianna. I'm Don nice to meet you." He said as I walked into the office. "It's great to meet you too." I said with a smile. "So I heard that you're going to be traveling with us this season to each game?" He said as Katie and I sat down. 

"Yes, Katie and I both. But I will be dictating what outfits we wear when we dress up." I said and he laughed. "Alright, but we do wear suits when we travel." I shook my head no. "I'm not like that. I wear casual and I would hope that you guys would do the same." I said and he smiled. 

"Well you are the boss, so your wish is my command. You ready to meet the guys?" I smiled and nodded my head as he led us into the locker room. "Yo Don, is this your daughter that we've been dying to meet?" Dee yelled out once he saw us. 

"No I'm not Don's daughter." I said before grabbing a chair and standing on the top of it making sure I didn't fall over. "Since y'all are freakishly tall, this will have to do. Hello boys, I'm Gianna and I'm the new owner of the Marlins organization." I said with a smile on my face. 

"Hold up, you look like your what, 22?" Giancarlo said and I shook my head. "24 actually. My parents bought the organization before spring training and I was told two weeks ago that I would be running everything. So here I am. Any questions?" I asked and most hands shot up. 

"Are we allowed to date workers and are you single?" Dee asked. "You guys can date whoever you want to date. I'm not the one to say who you can't date so if you fall in love with a worker, so be it and yes, very single." I said the single guys faces lit up. 

"So if we fall in love with you, we can date you?" Dee asked and I laughed. "Dee, yes. But only if I like you back." I said and everyone made fun of him for it. "I just wanted to let you guys in on what I had talked about in my meeting today with the board. We will be doing something to honor Jose near his anniversary since we won't be home on the day of it. I can't tell you guys what I have planned, but you will be wearing his jersey again, all of you. I know how much he meant to this team and I want to honor that as the new owner." 

They all clapped. "So if there is no more questions, it's time for you guys to go to BP, so get to it!" I said getting off of the chair with the help of Katie. "So what are you planning to do for Jose?" She asked as we walked the tunnels of the clubhouse. 

"I'm actually in the works already with a company of getting a statue of him for the lobby." I said and she smiled. "That's going to be amazing." She said as we reached the field and I just took in the beauty of this stadium. 

"It's pretty isn't it?" A deep voice said from behind me and it scared me a little. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you." He said and I turned around and it was Christian Yelich. "Yeah it's beautiful here." 

"Christian nice to meet you." He said holding his hand out for me to shake. "Gianna, but I already know who you are, and you already know who I am."