Chapter 3

This afternoon after the game we were heading right out to Seattle for the start of our road trip and I'm not excited about the jet lag I'm about to have. The night at the bar was fun, I got close with Giancarlo and Christian and I, well we got pretty close and we all had a great time.

I can't see myself with Dee, I can see him as a best friend and a guy to play pranks on the guys with. As for Giancarlo and Christian, I can definitely see myself having a relationship with one of them, I just don't know which one I would like it with more. 

"What are we wearing tonight?" Don said as I walked into his office. "Onesies. Don't worry, I had custom made ones made for all the guys and I was just about to give them to the guys, coming?" I asked and he got up and nodded. 

"BOYS LISTEN UP!" I screamed so the boys would listen to me. "Hello little G!" They all said and I smiled. "Hey guys! So tonight we're going on a road trip and I have outfits for you guys to wear and since we're going across the country, we're wearing onesies!" I said and they all groaned. 

"Hey now, you won't be doing that when you see them." I said pulling one out of the box and I was right when the gawked over how cool they were. "Guys we have the best owner ever." Dee said coming over to me and giving me a hug. 

"Aw I have the best team ever. You're too sweet, now go out there and win that game and then we can get on the road to Seattle!" I said grabbing my own onesie and going back to my office. "Hey where's my onesie?" Katie asked as soon as she saw mine and I pulled it out of my desk and she loved it. 

"You really are the best boss ever. You buy us cool things, not like the other owner." She said sitting down and I smiled. "It also helps that I'm 24 and I know that the guys need to have fun once in awhile and not be all business. I have some fun things planned for road trips." I said. 

We talked about the road trip that we were going on and I've never been out of Miami so going to new places was going to be fun for me this season. "I can't believe you've never been out of Miami." Katie said as we were walking down to the clubhouse after that game. 

We lost but still took three out of the four games. "I know I've only been in Florida, that's it. It's crazy I know." "Where'd you go to school?" 

"University of Florida." I said and I was proud to be a Gator. "So you betrayed your home town and became a Gator?" She asked and I laughed. "Yeah it was a great experience for me." I said as we reached the clubhouse and everyone looked so good in their onesies. 

"I love how these came out and you all look so good!" I said as I walked into the clubhouse and I was close enough to Christian to hear him mumble, "Yeah, but you look better." I laughed and shook it off pretending like I didn't hear it. 

"Alright, lets get on the bus and head to Seattle!" I said as I walked out of the locker room and heading to the bus. "G, can I sit next to you?" Christian said catching up to me. "Sure Yel." I said with a smile. 

We put our stuff on the bottom of the bus and me and Yel got on and sat towards the back. "Aw my bus buddy is taken!" Dee said once he saw me and Christian together. "Sorry Dee!" I said and he laughed. 

"So I was wondering if you uh, would go on a date with me on an off day or something?" He asked and he was being shy which I thought was cute. "I would love to, but so you already know they're making assumptions that you and I are already dating." I said. 

"Yeah I've heard, but I don't mind." He said and I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I do sometimes, it gets to me that they can give me hate for dating a player. They'll think I'm giving you special treatment while I forget about the others which isn't true." 

"But you can't think like that too. Only you know the real truth and you know none of that is true. You seem so strong on the outside, but I can tell that it's not like that on the inside." He said putting his arm around my shoulder. 

"That's spot on, you're good." I said with a laugh as we pulled up to the airport. We got off and got right onto the plane and of course I sat next to Christian so we could continue our conversation. 

"I can tell you're like that too." I said looking at him. "How?" He asked. "Because sometimes you're just so quiet and keep things to yourself. You're such a sweet guy and it needs to be shown. Any girl would be lucky to have you." 

"Would you be lucky to have me?" He asked and I thought about it. "Yeah, I probably would because I feel like you'd be the guy to always be there for me and if I have a bad night, I could call you at 2 a.m. and you'd be there for me or you would come over and make me feel better and just be there for me to vent to, but probably not the night before a game, because you need your rest." I said that last part with a laugh. 

"Well I mean, I would still go over anyway, if my girl was in need of some talking and a night of relaxation, I'd be there no matter the time." He said and we took off as he was saying that. "My girl? Getting a little head of yourself are we?" I asked and he laughed. 

"Nope, not at all because I can tell we're going to be good together." He said and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Tired?" He asked and I just nodded. As it was just us in the row he moved over one seat and patted his lap and I laid my head down on it. 

"Go to sleep, I'll still be here when you wake up." He said and I nodded and instantly fell asleep. What was this feeling I was feeling? Was it good? Or was I making a mistake catching feelings for one of my players?