Chapter 18

We were halfway through our vacation in Hawaii and today we were announcing to the world that we're having a baby. I still can't believe that Christian and I were starting our life together. As a family. 

"Whatcha thinking about babe?" Christian asks as he lays down on the lounge chair next to me on our patio in the house we were renting for the week. "Just our life together, it's going to change a lot once our little one gets here." I said rubbing the non-exsisten baby bump that will come soon. 

He smiled at me and placed his hands over mine. "I know it will and I can't wait to have a family with you." He said as he kissed me. "We have to go get ready, I'm excited for this shoot." I said as I got up off the chair. 

"I know, I can't wait to tell everyone." He said as we walked back into the house. We were doing a full on photo shoot on a private beach today and we're taking photos with our phone so we can tell everyone right after the shoot. 

I got into the shower and cleaned up and then got out and got into a maxi dress and put on sandals and then straightened my hair and did my makeup. "Babe, we gotta leave, are you ready?" Christian asked coming into the bathroom. 

"Yeah I'm ready. Let's go." I said as I grabbed my phone. "You look beautiful today." He said as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. "Thanks baby, you don't look so bad yourself." I said with a smirk as we walked out of the house and down to the beach. 

"Ah there's the lovely couple! How are you today?" The photographer asked as we walked onto the beach. "We're great, ready to tell the news to everyone." I said and she smiled. "Well let's not waste any time then." She said and we got right to taking pictures. 

We did some laying on the sand, in the water and sitting on some rocks and I knew they were going to come out just perfect. "Now give me your phones and I'll take some pictures so you can tell everyone." The photographer said and we handed her our phones. 

We took a couple and then we said goodbye to her and went back to the house. "Are you ready?" Christian asked as we were sitting on the couch ready to post the photos. "As ready as I'll ever be." I said with a smile. 

GiannaHammer: Here's to hoping that Baby Yelich is a boy so he can look just like his daddy! Coming July 2018! @/christianyelich

ChristianYelich: Can finally tell the world that I'm gonna be a daddy. @/giannahammer can't wait to tackle this with you! July 2018, I'm ready for you peanut!

 @/giannahammer can't wait to tackle this with you! July 2018, I'm ready for you peanut!

"I still can't believe we're going to be parents babe." Christian said as we were sitting on the couch eating take out. "I know it's unreal. I can't wait to find out what we're having. What do you want the baby to be?" I asked. 

"A boy or a girl, as long as he or she is healthy, I really don't care." He said as he put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him. "What about you?" He asked looking at me and I smiled up at him. 

"I really want it to be a boy." I said. "We have enough boys in my family, but another one wouldn't hurt." He said and I laughed. "As long as he has your baseball skills and your looks, I'm sure we'll be quite alright." I said. 

"What are you trying to pawn money off of him or something?" He asked with a laugh. "Now why would I do that when I'm the owner of the Marlins?" I asked. "But half the money goes to your parents." He said. 

I never told him what happened on Thanksgiving, whoops. "Oh I forgot to tell you, they're giving me sole possession of the Marlins." I said and he smiled. "That's great news babe! But what happens when you have the baby?" He asked. 

"Well then mom and dad would be the owners until I come back from maternity leave, which I hope won't be that long because if he or she is a good baby, I can just take them to work with me so I don't have to miss much time." I said. 

"So you wouldn't travel with us then?" He asked. "Not for the first few months, but by the time they're old enough to travel the season might be over, so the following season I'll get back to traveling with you guys." I said with a smile on my face. 

"God, I'm so lucky to have you." He said as he kissed me. "I can say the same thing about you Yelich." I said and as I was about to kiss him again, his phone rang. "It's Dee." He said picking up his phone. "Put it on speaker." I said. 

"Dee, what's up my man?" Christian said as he answered. "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL ME Y'ALL WAS HAVING A LITTLE YELICH?!" He screamed on the other line and I couldn't help but laugh. "Because, we were waiting to tell everyone. The only people that knew were our parents and families." Christian said. 

"Yeah but I'm your family man! We all are! But I'm happy for the both of you. When do you find out what you're having?" He asked. "February, so we'll announce it at spring training." I said. "Oh hey G! But congrats guys, can't wait to be an uncle!" He said and we both laughed. 

"Thanks Dee, means a lot man. See you soon bro." Christian said and they said their goodbyes and they hung up. "This little baby doesn't know what it's getting into with it's crazy uncles." I said as I rubbed my stomach.

"Now I really hope it's a girl so they can spoil her rotten." Christian said as he kissed the side of my head. "I love you Christian." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. "I love you too Gianna and our little peanut too."